• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Of course I mean during the pandemic.

Have you found new hobbies, or rediscovered old ones? Maybe things you never had time for due to work or school. Have you cleaned your entire house--with a toothbrush, to kill time? :D

I've been watching movies I've either never seen before, or saw a long time ago but don't remember well. Coming up soon will be the legendary Rebel Without a Cause, with the gorgeous James Dean. Plus a ton of silent movies, which I absolutely love!

So how have you entertained yourself recently?

Reactions: Dannydet
Yesterday, Mrs 58 and I watched two Apple TV movies. The first one was "The call of the wild" with Harrison Ford. It's kind of a young person film, but we liked it anyway. Then we watched "Joker". This was NOT a children's movie. It was very dark. It was good, but dark. Being a newlywed, there may or may not be other activities we partake in. (I can't believe I just said that.)

Upvote 0
I live in Michigan, and when the weather starts getting warmer, like now, I do my yearly ritual, which is putting up our outdoor Pergola, with a canvas for shade. My wife likes to plant flowers so she does that while I also put out the outdoor furniture, grill, bar and TV.
So all that is up and ready for friends and family, but now we wait until the governor ends the "stay at home" quarantine....
So we drink alone for now.... and watch movies....

Upvote 0
Yesterday, Mrs 58 and I watched two Apple TV movies. The first one was "The call of the wild" with Harrison Ford. It's kind of a young person film, but we liked it anyway. Then we watched "Joker". This was NOT a children's movie. It was very dark. It was good, but dark. Being a newlywed, there may or may not be other activities we partake in. (I can't believe I just said that.)
LOL good to hear that you and mrs 58 are doing extracurricular activities together.....LMAO

i too loved watching "the call of the wild" weirdly so did my dog. he really does not takes notice of whats on t.v. except for this movie.....weird
I recently:
rescued Princess Buttercup from the clutches of Price Humperdinck.
befriended some halflings, and aided them on their journeys.
engaged in the defense of hogwarts.
busted some ghosts.
started a club that nobody can tal....

i am currently going thru all of the harry potter series myself. right now i just finished watching the Goblet of Fire and i'm about to watch the Order of Pheonix.

as for my other fun stuff please read my threads:
kombucha anybody
my new project-aquariumkeeping part 2

also i have more time to cook now so i occasionally post here as well:
any time is grillin time

right now i'm also looking to adopt another dog. so i have been looking and communicate with those who post on AdoptaPet.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My wife likes to plant flowers
Great! Do you know what she's planting?

You mentioned your annual ritual of putting up your pergola. I hope you appreciate how funny that sounds to me! Here in SoCal, there's no such thing. My pergola, which I designed and had built, just sits there year-round. Front and back views:

pergola_bench_from_front.jpg

pergola_bench_from_behind.jpg

By the way, no, I don't miss seasons. Winters in Dallas were so miserable...as were summers...and...well you get the idea. I'm thrilled to be back in the land of no seasons! :D

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Building and exprimenting with electronics kits. Something I always enjoyed in my teens. And Taobao has a lot of electronics kits, for not much cost. My next project might be a vacuum tube(valve) digital watch or something.

Listening to short wave radio as well, I find very interested and is a real time sink.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just enjoying the sunset.
Taking it all in before I get back something else.
"I cannot wait for that phase." said no one on being the newlyweds :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200512_195152680.jpg
    IMG_20200512_195152680.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_20200512_195153587.jpg
    IMG_20200512_195153587.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_20200512_195154207.jpg
    IMG_20200512_195154207.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 372
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Watch repair and 3D printing mostly. I went down the watch repair rabbit hole last year while researching a 30th birthday present for my son. We've both been keen on wrist watches and i got sucked into a few YouTube videos that fascinated me. I've been buying old watches on eBay for nickels and dimes and seeing if I can get them running.

Around the same time Woot! had a clearance sale with a 3D printer for $150, so I thought, what the heck. Now I've combined the two by printing a few tool holders. Honestly, I'm not sure which i'm enjoying more.

Attachments

• DSC_0043.JPG
    DSC_0043.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 292
Reactions: olbriar and Hadron
Upvote 0
Watch repair and 3D printing mostly. I went down the watch repair rabbit hole last year while researching a 30th birthday present for my son. We've both been keen on wrist watches and i got sucked into a few YouTube videos that fascinated me. I've been buying old watches on eBay for nickels and dimes and seeing if I can get them running.
Oh, I'd better stay away from this: one branch of my family did this for a living, and I could see that becoming compulsive.

I installed Android 11 on my phone the other day, but that's more because I was bored than for fun as such.

Upvote 0
I'm not having fun now. I've recently become a victim of cyberbullying. At first I decided not to pay attention, but later the situation got worse. I've already sufred the Internet looking for the solutions and found several helpful sources. Honestly, I'm afraid for my safety, and I'm going to contact law enforcement to investigate my case. I've been playing games and using social media for years, and I never faced any problems before. But there's always a first time.
sorry to hear that....cyberbullying is no fun indeed!!!!!

maybe you should try to get your mind off of it, by doing something fun as this is what this thread is supposed to be about. go out for a walk. maybe head on out to see some nature. there must be some good places to go for some good hiking.

or if that is not your thing maybe take up some projects around your house or apartment.

for me, this is my latest:
https://androidforums.com/threads/my-new-project-aquarium-keeping-part-3.1326818/

keep us posted on how things are, but i would do it in another thread......though;)

Upvote 0

Around the same time Woot! had a clearance sale with a 3D printer for $150, so I thought, what the heck. Now I've combined the two by printing a few tool holders. Honestly, I'm not sure which i'm enjoying more.
My father collected antique clocks. He did most all of his own repairs and the hobby kept him amused all of his adult life. He managed a few pocket watches along the way but always hired out the repairs. He said the parts were entirely too small.

For fun, I've been playing a lot of golf. It's a fun sport that your most fierce opponent is yourself. My kind of game!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones