• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm going to play a round of golf with my son this afternoon. I haven't played in months. I hope that I don't hurt anyone. :)

Golf Monday GIF

Upvote 0
Went out of town today, I chatted with one of my new friends through my sister, I met her at the gym down here, wer were in her hometown, had lunch, shopped for my new fan, shopped with my brother-in-law's birthday upcoming. I feel happy this did happen in the morning. Now just chilling out at my sister's house..

Reactions: AugieTN
Went out of town today, I chatted with one of my new friends through my sister, I met her at the gym down here, wer were in her hometown, had lunch, shopped for my new fan, shopped with my brother-in-law's birthday upcoming. I feel happy this did happen in the morning. Now just chilling out at my sister's house..
Potentially another side piece? Lol

Reactions: AugieTN
Well, I'd given up hope on driving to see the Great American Solar Eclipse because our DAV & VFW meetings are on the 8th. Then I got news that the meetings had been moved to April 1st so people could travel for what's turning out to be the eclipse of the millennium. Of course, I couldn't find a hotel, cabin or bedroom for less than $600/night... but then I took a wild shot and called the Department of Defense Lodge at a military base within a 3-hour drive of the center of totality (over 4 minutes of night at 2 PM).

Miraculously, I was evidently the only retiree who'd thought of it! A 2-queen bedroom with kitchenette for $91/night! Booked it... next, the Shih Tzu money pit. I texted our boarding place (she loves it) and asked if, by chance, they had availability for the 7th through the 9th. YES! I booked her the 6th through 10th just to give us time and wear her out playing with her friends.

So we're headed to [undisclosed location] to view the celestial event for the ages.

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Thanks, friend. We actually witnessed the total solar eclipse of 2017 when the path of totality was within an hour's drive of our house. That was during solar minimum, though: and totality lasted all of 2 minutes. This time, the sun is at maximum activity and totality will last over 4 minutes. It should be absolutely breathtaking! Anyone who hasn't experienced total midday darkness in a solar eclipse needs to move heaven and earth to see it, at least once.

Heck, we may be in your neck of the woods!

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I agree Chief. We traveled and witnessed the 2017 eclipse as well. It was the first time that I experienced totality though I've seen the sunlight dim. After 2017, I vowed not to miss this one.
In the eclipse thread, I expressed how happy I was to find lodging and that was back in early August.
You did very well to find a place this late of date. Traveling to see the eclipse and getting back home will be difficult with the traffic. I would not miss it if I were close enough to drive it but it will be no fun to travel the eighth.

Upvote 0
I generally give the Darling Bride the even years off for April Fools, saving it up for the odd years. I have pulled some stunts on her, however. Last year, while she was still sleeping, I quietly turned our living room into a strip club: complete with red lights, a table with beverage and a stack of $2 bills, and a floor-to-ceiling pole. She walked in and I introduced her as the star of the show and started "The Stripper" on a bluetooth speaker. She's always a good sport and actually struck a pose for the camera with her leg wrapped around the pole... all before coffee!

I have some fun ideas, but I'll put them aside and let them simmer for another year...

:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones