• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which non-Android/iOS Computers do you use?

My Surface Go 3, a tablet-laptop hybrid running both Windows and Android. I do have two mothballed ThinkPads in my drawer. I don't use them, but I've set them up so that they're ready to go if my Surface breaks or something. I also have a MacBook Pro that needs to be repaired.

Most interestingly: There's my old AlphaSmart. AlphaSmarts are portable smart keyboards, they have a screen at top. You type a document up, then plug the AlphaSmart into a computer, and it will type your document into the computer for you. It can also be used as a conventional keyboard. I've been meaning to dig my old AlphaSmart out, give it Bluetooth, and then use it with my Surface.

My AlphaSmart is a Dana, which means that unlike most, it runs Palm OS. Palm OS was the Android of it's day, it was a common operating system on handheld computers. While all AlphaSmarts are smart keyboards, because mine runs Palm OS, it could also run apps and all. Unfortunately, Palm OS isn't too useful in the modern world. But my AlphaSmart should still work fine as a smart keyboard.
I myself really wanted to buy myself some Surface, but time flies and I still do not dare. Maybe you can push me to this decision. I read a lot about them but I don't really want to buy one just for fun. I mainly use MacBook Pro M1, but I have to take it to repair or where I don't know. I constantly lose connection to the Internet after turning on, the problem may be in the time settings as my friend told me. I'm just not good at it. Or something much worse. I hope not.

Upvote 0
I myself really wanted to buy myself some Surface, but time flies and I still do not dare. Maybe you can push me to this decision. I read a lot about them but I don't really want to buy one just for fun. I mainly use MacBook Pro M1, but I have to take it to repair or where I don't know. I constantly lose connection to the Internet after turning on, the problem may be in the time settings as my friend told me. I'm just not good at it. Or something much worse. I hope not.
Oh? It sounds like you have mixed feelings. What are you hoping to get from a Surface, which you don't get from your MacBook Pro M1?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones