• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why can't I software update my android 4.4.2 KitKat device?

Frosty_Linux

Lurker
Jan 26, 2017
So I recently rooted my android, knowing that I couldn't get a software update because of this I removed kingoroot and others associated apps from my android. Now that I go back to settings and tap ( software update ) I get the error message " The operating system has been modified in an unauthorized way " Then it tells me to install updates using Samsung Kies which I ve downloaded. It told me that my phone was up to date and now I don t know what to do. The point is that I m trying to install an APK I have everything checked that needs to be checked for installing APKS and it always fails to install them I get the error message saying " couldn't parse the package " what can I do to get a software update I believe this is the only way that I ll be able to install APKS again. I know my android isn't up to date because I've downloaded an app that tells me if my phone is up to date or not. Phones model# SM-G386T1 Samsung Galaxy Avant.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones