• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why didn't the TB have specs more like the EVO 3D?

display resolution is the only thing i would like to have. 3d camera for what? to look at the pictures only in my phone? My laptop is not 3d, my pc is not 3d so i don't care about taking pictures and videos in 3d. dual core its cool but it probably makes the bat life half of what we have in the tb. 4G LTE is the way to go.

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0
I was about to post "dual cores are more efficient than Snap single cores", but I have no clue about the Snap dual core. You may be correct about the battery ;)

I do know that the A5, OMAP and Tegra 2 are very efficient with power management. Intersting to see if Qualcomm stepped it up or just doubled down. Mr Battery says, "yikes!". :eek:;)

Upvote 0
I was about to post "dual cores are more efficient than Snap single cores", but I have no clue about the Snap dual core. You may be correct about the battery ;)

I do know that the A5, OMAP and Tegra 2 are very efficient with power management. Intersting to see if Qualcomm stepped it up or just doubled down. Mr Battery says, "yikes!". :eek:;)

But wasnt the tegra in the bionic said to suck battery down super fast thats why they had to put a 1930 mah battery in it?

Upvote 0

more efficient doesn't necessarily mean it uses less power overall. plus android os isn't optimized for dual cores just yet. i suspect almost no applications are either. i think this is the main reason why all dual core phones are coming with bigger batteries. see the atrix forum for reference. they're using "more efficient" dual cores, and have bigger batteries but don't have significant battery life improvements over their single core counterparts. ;)

Upvote 0
Wow...all I have to say is wow! The specs that are peeking out tonight about tomorrows launch of the EVO 3D make me want to throw up! How on Earth did VZW miss the boat on this one. The specs are mind blowing,
1.2GHz dual core processor
4G Wimax speeds
4.3- inch screen with 960x540 pixel resolution
Dual 5 mega pixel cameras that can record 3D video in 720p, as well as regular video in 1080p
Plus a 1.3 megapixel front facing camera

My Thunderbolt is not feeling so revolutionary at this moment.
This EVO 3D phone looks bananas.
However, it should be interesting to see what size Battery HTC ships with this phone.
Man looking a the EVO 3D, i have come to the conclusion that HTC has " Bend us over the Barrell" with the Thunderbolt 4G.............:(

Upvote 0
Man looking a the EVO 3D, i have come to the conclusion that HTC has " Bend us over the Barrell" with the Thunderbolt 4G.............:(

How do you know something like this wont be out in the summer for verizon? Damn people the phone isnt being released today. What really is the benefit of 3d? How many times are you going to actually use it? I mean and its just on the phone not like it will work on your tv or computer unless you have a 3d tv/computer.

Upvote 0
BZB....u haven't a clue what your saying. Dual core phones are pretty power efficient. My Atrix goes 15 hours with super heavy use! Your the one blazing back and fourth with people that disagree with you, which from the looks of it you really dont know what your saying at all. And yes the EVO 3D specs slap the TB in the face...does it affect my day to day life, no...lol! Being on the forum is just a fun hobby to chat it up with people that enjoy Android as I do. If the EVO 3D is that good, I'll go out and buy it, yes being an adult with good income allows some of us to get anything we want, the fruits of life. However this thread was just to lay it down that HTC could have went a little further with specs, build quality, and battery life for the TB...case closed,,,run along now!

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0
that's great to hear, sean. you get good battery life with your atrix, apparently some people on the atrix forum don't. same thing can be said about the TB, right?

Are there phones better than the TB coming down the line? sure! is the TB very good for what it is right now? of course! could we discuss what HTC coulda woulda shoulda done with the TB to make it the bestest fastest longest battery life havingest phone evAr released? no doubt.

point is, many of us are very happy with our purchase. you seem to be one of the few that have an issue with people actually liking this phone. why keep ranting about what could have been, when we can enjoy what's here right now? that's the only point i'm making, sean. hope you can understand that. :)

Upvote 0
that's great to hear, sean. you get good battery life with your atrix, apparently some people on the atrix forum don't. same thing can be said about the TB, right?

Are there phones better than the TB coming down the line? sure! is the TB very good for what it is right now? of course! could we discuss what HTC coulda woulda shoulda done with the TB to make it the bestest fastest longest battery life havingest phone evAr released? no doubt.

point is, many of us are very happy with our purchase. you seem to be one of the few that have an issue with people actually liking this phone. why keep ranting about what could have been, when we can enjoy what's here right now? that's the only point i'm making, sean. hope you can understand that. :)

As I do understand what your saying, see me point, and I'm not alone my friend....especially when we speak about battery life. If you were to read my review you would see I do like the phone, however HTC really dropped the ball with this tiny battery. The throngs of threads surrounding battery life for the TB make it a reality that a lot of people are suffering from bad battery life. Even still, of course there will be people that see it otherwise...happens a lot in these threads with diff phones. Just like with the Atrix, I have it set up where I can go a good 15 hrs, some can't fathom that long a stretch. But my TB is set up similar, and its still loosing juice quickly. I been around a while, and so have a bunch of others that can't seem to get good life out of the TB so far, even with a lot of us knowing what were doing....either way, it is what it is! As for the EVO 3D, that is what it is, you'll see the Forums blow up tonight after CTIA about people complaining about the spec wars on the TB vs the 3D. Lol, I just got a head start cause I follow this stuff. Either way, no warm done, and no offense taken from my end of the yard.

Upvote 0
Battery issues with the TBolt are the norm. Getting good life out of it is the oddity. Its a shame it isnt the other way around.

People can get over the bloatware.
People can get around terrible back speaker.
People can even get over not having 4G for the time being.

You cannot get over terrible battery. Its like having an electric car with all the gadgets, goes 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, but it needs a charge every 6 miles. Its something you cant get over and kills the entire experience in an otherwise great phone.

Upvote 0
How do you know something like this wont be out in the summer for verizon? Damn people the phone isnt being released today. What really is the benefit of 3d? How many times are you going to actually use it? I mean and its just on the phone not like it will work on your tv or computer unless you have a 3d tv/computer.

HTC EVO 3D first hands-on! (video) -- Engadget#

Looking at how smooth and fast the EVO 3D is running, and how clunking the ThunderBolt runs, HTC has definately " Bend us over the Barrell"

Specs wise EVO 3D vs ThunderBolt 4G again HTC has definately " Bend us over the Barrell"

Upvote 0
Battery issues with the TBolt are the norm. Getting good life out of it is the oddity. Its a shame it isnt the other way around.

People can get over the bloatware.
People can get around terrible back speaker.
People can even get over not having 4G for the time being.

You cannot get over terrible battery. Its like having an electric car with all the gadgets, goes 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, but it needs a charge every 6 miles. Its something you cant get over and kills the entire experience in an otherwise great phone.
6.5 GB of Bloatware / Crapware is unexceptable!

Upvote 0
Reactions: darkxsun
Upvote 0
HTC EVO 3D first hands-on! (video) -- Engadget#

Looking at how smooth and fast the EVO 3D is running, and how clunking the ThunderBolt runs, HTC has definately " Bend Me over the Barrell"

Specs wise EVO 3D vs ThunderBolt 4G again HTC has definately " Bend me over the Barrell"

Corrected for truth! Lol. You do have at least another week to decide if you want to keep getting bent over or not...unless you like that sort of thing. Not judging you!

The EVO 3d is nice!

Upvote 0
Being that the original EVO was out in June 2010, most likely it will be also available around the dame time, which is just a little bit over than a month away.

I too wonder about the LTE part. Only one place mentions that spec (here in AF), I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow.

TS

haha, June is two months away. June 22 is three months away. :p

Upvote 0
i could really care less about the 3d..even thought it probably be a pretty cool feature..but its the fact that verizon is always a step slow..the evo 3d is superior in just bout every way to the TB.. the only thing we have over it is 4g lte..and for all the people bashing on this thread..i bet if VERIZON announced this phone at the same time as the thunderbolt 90 percent of u wouldn't even considered the TB...I mean dont get me wrong i love the TB but i would much rather have a dual core HTC Phone with every other spec superior!! i hope verizon has something up their sleeve and we can see something similar to this, this summer

Upvote 0
Wow...all I have to say is wow! The specs that are peeking out tonight about tomorrows launch of the EVO 3D make me want to throw up! How on Earth did VZW miss the boat on this one. The specs are mind blowing,
1.2GHz dual core processor
4G Wimax speeds
4.3- inch screen with 960x540 pixel resolution
Dual 5 mega pixel cameras that can record 3D video in 720p, as well as regular video in 1080p
Plus a 1.3 megapixel front facing camera

My Thunderbolt is not feeling so revolutionary at this moment.
This EVO 3D phone looks bananas.
However, it should be interesting to see what size Battery HTC ships with this phone.

Where do you see that its a 4G handset? I went to the HTC site and I didn't see 4G mentioned anywhere.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones