• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2022 NFL Football Season.

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
The season hasn't even started and I'm already having anxiety pains. I've never seen so many trade deals in the NFL. It's a daily shocker. I liken it to the NBA. Brady retired and now is back. Roethlisberger retired and the Steelers picked up Mitch Trubisky and rumor has it they are looking at Baker Mayfield. The Chiefs just traded off Tyreek Hill to Miami for five draft picks. It will make Hill the highest paid wide receiver and his leaving breaks my heart. I knew that Tyreek's days as a Chief were over when they acquired JuJu Smith-Schuster last week. JuJu is no Tyreek but may prove to be a decent long ball receiver with Mahomes' arm. Davante Adams is now a Raider. Denver gets Russel Wilson. Browns get Deshaun Watson. The trade list goes on and on. My head spins.

Has your team done any drastic trade moves?

Reactions: ocnbrze
My take on the trades is either the players are making too much money (it will never be less) or the franchise cap is set too low.
I don't see either changing anytime soon. I do think the cap is a grand idea to create some parity across the NFL. I think there is more money in the game than the average Joe can wrap his brain around. Perhaps there is room for a cap increase. I'm speaking as one that doesn't know diddly but there is some crazy reason that the trades abound this year. I think it has to be money.

Upvote 0
if you look at all the trades, i think the afc is the division that wins. most of the top qb's are in the afc. the only ones in the nfc are brady and rogers.

its going to be a tough season for the chargers. now not only do we have maholmes, but we also have russel wilson.

its going to be a really fun year.

The Colts got Matt Ryan too...
And the winner sees Rodgers or Brady... sheesh!

Upvote 0
I am hoping my Denver broncos can actually get back to playing football. They have been a total train wreck the last five years.
Last year QB competition between lock and Bridgewater was a disaster. I lost interest before the season started.
Now we have Wilson as our starting QB (I have a wait and see attitude ) but more importantly we got rid of coach Fangio.

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I am hoping my Denver broncos can actually get back to playing football. They have been a total train wreck the last five years.
Last year QB competition between lock and Bridgewater was a disaster. I lost interest before the season started.
Now we have Wilson as our starting QB (I have a wait and see attitude ) but more importantly we got rid of coach Fangio.
Look out though. My chargers picked up mack and Jackson in free free agency. Wilson will be seeing bosa and mack all game long. Our d should be much better this coming season....... Can't wait to see how much havoc they'll create.

Last edited:
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I'm curious to see how all of the teams do this season. With all of the trades and draft, we'll be watching a different game on all fronts. The outcome of games will be impossible to predict for a while.

Dallas trading off Amari surprised me.

Yeah but he wasn't worth what we were paying Amari.

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
Yeah but he wasn't worth what we were paying Amari.
I think that's the case with a lot of trades. Either not worth their salary or there are better options for the same or less money. The front office plays a game of their own tying to get the best players for the money they can spend. And then the coaching staff is trying to fill positions with quality players that fit into their game scheme and will blend with the existing players. Don't you know that they have some heated conversations.

Upvote 0
I am so so glad the Colts didn't trade for Baker Mayfield. Matt Ryan should have a few good years left as long as he stays upright. Wentz got worse as the season went on last year.

I'm not a Mayfield fan. I don't know exactly why. I definitely lost my respect for him as a QB when he fell apart in the playoffs against the Chiefs a couple of seasons back. I wanted the Chiefs to win but Baker finished the game in a embarrassing manner IMO. I think Matty will do the Colts well. He's a lot more QB than Baker. The rumor mill has the Steelers looking at Baker. Lord help me. :)

That AFC West is going to be tough on paper, and I think that's the division the Pat's play this year.

I haven't looked at the schedule. I haven't looked to see what the Pats have done in this trading frenzy either. Are they dropping and adding players left and right?

Upvote 0
I haven't looked at the schedule. I haven't looked to see what the Pats have done in this trading frenzy either. Are they dropping and adding players left and right?
Last year was the anomoly. This is a typical Patriots offseason. No splashy moves, so low key signings, bringing back veterans, letting some folks go when the price is too high. We'll watch mock drafts like mad only to see Belichick trade down until he has a zillion picks starting in the back half of round 3.

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
the fact that we are discussing the NFL in March, just proves how the NFL is now a year round sport. pretty soon we will now be talking about the NFL draft and then after that we will be discussing summer camps and then training camps, followed by pre-season games and then finally the actual 2022 season.....its good to be an NFL owner....LOL

Upvote 0
its not going to happen, but today on my local ESPN radio, they were discussing the new USFL rules. where when you score a TD, the team can choose to kick the extra point or line up at the 10 and score a td for a 3 point conversion or retain possession after scoring will be converting a fourth-and-12 from a team’s 33. and
In overtime, each team’s offense will alternate plays against the opposing defense from the 2. Each successful scoring attempt will receive two points. The team with the most points after three plays wins. The subsequent attempts become sudden death if the score is tied after each team runs three plays. The overtime period will extend until a winner is declared.

they were saying how the NFL should adopt these rules. there is no way the NFL will do this.

Upvote 0
I don't see that happening either. The offense these days and days to come over whelm a defense on the goal line. From the 2... no way.
I'm no fan of the point after but there were a lot of crucial and game changing misses last season. Back the kicker up ten more yards and make it interesting.

Sudden death needs an overhaul. I would like to see the NFL adopt the college rules to end a tie.

Upvote 0
Last year was the anomoly. This is a typical Patriots offseason. No splashy moves, so low key signings, bringing back veterans, letting some folks go when the price is too high. We'll watch mock drafts like mad only to see Belichick trade down until he has a zillion picks starting in the back half of round 3.
Aged well...
upload_2022-4-25_16-59-48.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones