• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Air Fryer Cooking

I'm going to air fry some fresh asparagus spears tonight. Asparagus is a favorite and I've baked, steamed, smoked, and will now air fry. Spritzed with oil and some salt and pepper it sounds like around seven minutes at 400° produces just starting to get a crisp and tender results. Sounds great and easy.
add a squeeze of lemon and even some ;lemon zest and you will be in pure asparagus heaven!!!!

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
just made some buffalo wings using the air fryer function of my ninja foodi. soooooo gooooood. i first floured them and then egg wash them and finally coated them in panko. after they crisped up, i then added the hot sauce. i used this garlic hotsauce that i found at Costco........super crunchy and delicious!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Tonight was the night that I air fried my jerk wings. I had purchased a large flat of wings that I jerked half of. My Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk paste I bought is their hot and spicy and not their regular. So I took it easy on the paste, tumbling the wings in the paste and let rest for a couple of hours covered in the fridge. In fear it was going to be too hot for the wife, I fixed the other half of the wings with garlic and pepper and paprika. Both sets of wings turned out great and we both ate some of each jerk and garlic wings. It was the first skin on chicken I've air fried but will certainly not be the last. The air fryer knocked those wings out of the park! I keep being amazed at the quality of cooks from the air fryer.

Upvote 0
I tried Jerking some bone in chicken thighs the other night. I thought they were pretty good but I spiced them a bit too much for the wife. It's a fine line between enough of the hot and spicy jerk paste and way too much. :) I'll do both garlic chicken thighs and jerked thighs next time.

I'm air frying catfish fillets tonight. I bought a seasoned breading mix that I'm going to try. New Orleans style... whatever that is. :) I'll pat the fillets dry and then coat with the mix, mist with avocado oil, and fry for twenty minutes of so, flipping at the half way mark. I hope they turn out decent. I love fried catfish.

Upvote 0
The New Orleans style breading mix was a hit. It was a nice blend of spices that complimented the catfish fillets and didn't cover up the yummy fish flavor. I cooked the fillets in two batches and learned from my mistakes with the first batch. When I flipped the fish over at half cook time, some of the breading stuck to the fry basket. I had misted the basket with oil.. but not enough. The second batch turned out perfect with a bit more oil on the fish and basket. It was definitely a cook I'll do again.

Upvote 0
i just tried using cornstarch, sprtized with olive oil, and they came out super crispy. i want to try the flour, egg wash, and breading combo next.
I have not tried cornstarch. I see it used in many fries. I'll have to give it a try. However, I have been very impressed with simply a bit of oil and seasoning. The skin gets super crispy.

Upvote 0
We had chili dogs and chips last night for dinner. It is amazing how good dogs are when air fried.
It would take me 45 minutes to achieve the same results on the smoker. I hate boiled hot dogs which leaves pan fried or air fried being the best cook options. Air fried is the answer. Less hassle and cleanup for one. Cooking without much attention is another. Perfect results makes it my go to hot dog cooker.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Mom suggested this out of the blue, she shurgs it off for a bit, maybe it will be on conversations, we have around a high cabinet / dishwasher combo for our kitchen, around 20 inches for a space, we have a blender - old fashion one, we never put away in the long run, it is not hurting anyone. Sooooo as long as we wanted one just for cooking up stuff, but we already have a nice toaster oven had for a few years now give or take. Still it sounds amazing.

Upvote 0
An air fryer is a good cooking tool. After owning and using one it's not a must to have. The air fryer does a fine job and I'm satisfied it is a healthier way to fry foods. However, We rarely do fried foods. The wife and I enjoy the healthy benefits of grilled and smoked meats. Most of our meals are cooked outside. The mess and the odor and the grease is left outside. If we ate frozen snacks and the like that were oven ready the fryer would see more use. We aren't consumers of premade meals and snacks. Our air fryer sees very little use. Before you purchase, consider what you will be cooking in it and how often it will be used. Also consider the amount of foods you would like to cook at a time. The interior space of fryers vary. Lastly, consider the power requirements of the air fryer.
Air fryers do what they do real well. I'm not trying to talk you out of one. I'm not sorry we purchased ours.

Upvote 0
We bought an air fryer 6 months ago.
Used it once.
OH well....
We've used ours more than that but we've had it longer than that. :)
My parents had a toaster oven during my teen years and I used it often. It was great for warming up leftovers and one person meals.
It didn't achieve the temps of an air fryer but it was useful. An air fryer is more diverse in use being capable of actually baking vs toasting and being a convection oven. I haven't given the appliance the chance to prove its worth. We enjoy our other cooking options so the air fryer sits idle.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Cook ribs last night in the air fryer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240324_001552_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_001552_Photos.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones