• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All Things Marvel

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    hey guys,
    so i am a huge fan of the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe), and i wanted to create a thread where we can discuss all things that are related to Marvel. it does not have to be just the MCU.

i have never been one for reading graphic novels or comics.....but i'm thinking of getting some Marvel graphic novels. there are so many that i just do not know where to start. maybe i'll just pick a charcter and go from there?

also i just finished watching the finale of WandVision......OMG what a way to end it. it was perfect! it is supposed to be a limited series so this MIGHT be it. but never say never with Marvel. they did leave it open for more Wanda and maybe White Vision.......crosses fingers.

Reactions: MrJavi and Dannydet
    Pick up the Marvel Graphic Novel " The Watchmen ", i read it around the time the movie came out.

Was going to get Disney+ but not sure if it's worth it :thinking:
    actually i believe DC owns the rights to the Watchmen......and it is actually the only graphic novel i have read.

and Disney+ is well worth the purchase. The Mandalorian and WandaVision alone are well worth getting a subscription for. But there are many shows that are coming out like Loki and the Falcon and the Winter Soldier all due out in a few weeks!!!!!

I really meant more about stories or characters that are going to be referenced in the MCU at some point in time........like the Eternals. what graphic novel do they first appear in? is there an origin story that i can read? i want to learn more about Wanda and Vision and how Wanda became the Scarlet Witch......things like that. there just so many out that it is overwhelming.

Upvote 0
    I get home from work yesterday and guess what was on , Captain Marvel which i love ..... and Bri Larson is such a babe and i'll take her over Margo Robbie any day :D
    i dont' know margo looked pretty good in the Wolf of Wallstreet.......brie was amazing in Captain Marvel.....agreed

edit: not to mention margo was really good as Harley Quin

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    FRIDAY IS COMMING!!!!!!!!!

you know what that means?????
    Falcon and the Winter Soldier is coming to Disney+
    so can't wait for this series. i hope it is as good as WandaVision.

just finishing watching Captain America, the first Avenger....gonna watch the Winter Soldier next to get the proper context before the show's first episode.

and maybe this weekend i'll hit up a comic book store and ask what i should be reading as far as graphic novels go to get more of a MCU background. i'll at least get a starting point and go from there.

Upvote 0
    I have a Comic book store close to my job i go to, It's called " Yesteryear Comics " and not bad.
    @ocnbrze check them out online.
    will do....but i would like to talk to somebody who knows there stuff about comics before i blindly buy online.
    Starting Wanda Vision now.
    the first few episodes will be weird, but stick with it.....it is highly rewarding.

would like to hear your feed back on the show.

Reactions: mikedt
    Upvote 0
    Starting Wanda Vision now.

:thinking:

R081abc0bc320fd52c07a684a64026e88.jpg

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    So they play the movies in English there ?

Yeh, they usually keep movies to their original language. This week the local Wanda is showing Avatar again. that originally came out in 2009, and that's in English with Chinese captions.
    screenshot_paintpad_1616486261206.jpg

In fact they even tell you what language a movie is in, like "英语" meaning English. Godzilla vs Kong is showing from tomorrow, and that's also in English.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    MS MARVEL!!!!!!!!!!

is such a great show. a Muslim superhero..... I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

the first 3 episodes are up and they are really great. i just love Iman Vellani. she is so good:

and here is a good interview by Jimmy Fallon:
    A lilttle known fact, that was printed from my home town's news paper "Daily Illini" A musilm from down here, acutally created Miss Marvel. Who wanted to show what Muslims are more then what we think of them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones