• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon bails out Diamond & Bally Sports

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
If Prime bails out diamond and bally sports, you can bet the motive is to turn the merger into additional Prime revenue.
Bally sports has the rights to the Royals games and has been my avenue to see my sorry team play for a number of years now. It has been part of my local cable company package and was available on directv when I switched providers. Whoever carries the Bally sports package will likely be my only viewing option being as I'm in the blackout area of KC Missouri here in mid Kansas. :(
I copied this paragraph from Danny's link:
Customers will be able to access their local team’s content on Prime Video channels where Diamond has rights. Pricing and availability will be announced at a later date, but it is unlikely that this content would be available as benefit included for current Prime subscribers. Regional sports content will also remain available on cable and satellite providers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones