• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Time is Grillin Time

I just put my prime rib on the smoker. I'll let it rest once it reaches the high teens internal temp and then put some grill marks on it with the Weber before serving.
Prime Rib 1.jpg

Upvote 0
Right at 3 hours at 225° the roast reached 111° and I wrapped it up and placed it in the hot box. I'll let it rest an hour and a half or more before I put a reverse sear on it. I'm looking for just over 120° internal temp before I serve it. I'll fix my veggies and potatoes while the roast relaxes in the hot box.
Prime Rib 2.jpg

Upvote 0
It wasn't the best prime rib but it was tasty. I smoked some brussel sprouts that weren't too bad. I normally bake them but smoke added a bit of flavor I enjoyed. I baked a big sweet potato that we split. The prime rib was a bit on the tough side. The best part about the meal was the prime rib tasted great. I was elated.

Upvote 0
yesterday I did another smoked meatloaf for Easter. it has quickly become one of my favorites to cook. the meat thermometer that I use prevents me from over cook it. it was extremely moist and delicious. I mixed in some Italian sausage with the hamburger along with carrots, onions and sun dried tomatoes. I then paired it with some spaghetti squash and green beans.

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
yesterday I did another smoked meatloaf for Easter. it has quickly become one of my favorites to cook. the meat thermometer that I use prevents me from over cook it. it was extremely moist and delicious. I mixed in some Italian sausage with the hamburger along with carrots, onions and sun dried tomatoes. I then paired it some spaghetti squash and green beans.
Another smoked meatloaf convert.
The Simpsons Reaction GIF

Upvote 0
I have two nice looking ribeye steaks marinating that I will slow smoke and then reverse sear on the Weber for dinner. I wanted to smoke something but nothing caught my eye when shopping. The steaks were not on sale but they were pretty and sounded yummy. I'll bake some potatoes as well.

Upvote 0
We had an indoor jerky maker years ago. The aroma of the meat slowly dehydrating was more than a man could stand! :)
This stuff came out fantastic. Cooked at 165 on Super Smoke for 4 hours. It is delicious. I'm looking into some marinades to make chicken jerky. It's too hard to find beef for a reasonable price nowadays. I find I don't need to rely on curing salt since it doesn't last long enough in the house, so I have a few more options..

• Love
Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
I had a friend years ago that made a lot of fish jerky. I have no idea how he prepped the fish. I remember it being more peppery than salty. It was tasty! My wife was in charge of the jerky maker and we never ventured beyond beef. She made a hot and a teriyaki tasting jerky. No idea just how. I'm thinking something along the lines of jerked chicken jerky might be something to die for. :)

Upvote 0
Tomorrow is smoke something Sunday. I ran to the market to buy some ribs to smoke. Instead I came home with some country style spareribs. We have them every now and then but I have always grilled them. Tomorrow I plan to rub them and smoke them. I might finish them off with a sear. I'll leave that an option once I see how they smoke up. I will fix a bit of potato salad and a bit of macaroni salad to go with the ribs. The wife is having a broccoli cauliflower medley.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
My country style spareribs are resting in my hotbox. I wrapped them and set them to rest once they reached 185° internal temp. I saw no reason to put a sear on them for they looked pretty good right off of the smoker. I'll know more when I dive in. Here is a pic before I removed them from the smoker.
Smoked Country Spare Ribs.jpg

Upvote 0
Country style spareribs are just generous slices of pork shoulder. I had never considered smoking the cut but I'll definitely revisit the cook. I cut my ribs up with a fork though I had a steak knife handy. I would not be shy about calling the next cook ready to rest when they reach 180°-182°. These weren't overcooked but a few degrees less would produce a juicer rib.

Upvote 0
My country style spareribs are resting in my hotbox. I wrapped them and set them to rest once they reached 185° internal temp. I saw no reason to put a sear on them for they looked pretty good right off of the smoker. I'll know more when I dive in. Here is a pic before I removed them from the smoker.
View attachment 173184
That looks fantastic. I'll have to give that a go. What temp and how long did it take? I want to figure out if it is a weekday or weekend cook.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones