• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone know when i get to create my own number or choose one?

minzer

Aug 8, 2010
.....just wanted to say that I just ordered online from Telus mobility an HTC Desire.

1 question: I chose the option to make a new cell number, but during the proccess of ordering, it didnt give me any option to create any cell phone number for my new device. anyone know when i get to create my own number or choose one?

You kinda can make your number, but with a choice of restricted first 3 digit (area+3dig) and as long as the last 4 is available, plus you get charged an extra $10 for doing it. I added a number today so I saw the feature and figured I'd skip it and use the auto assign one.

You WILL be billed for 2 lines.

Upvote 0
You kinda can make your number, but with a choice of restricted first 3 digit (area+3dig) and as long as the last 4 is available, plus you get charged an extra $10 for doing it. I added a number today so I saw the feature and figured I'd skip it and use the auto assign one.

You WILL be billed for 2 lines.

i will be billed twice??? (does that mean i get 2 bills on 2 seperate paper so my bill is twice as much)???!
no way!!
crap.. so i shoudlnt make my own number? is that what you did? what do you mean you used the auto sign one? please reply quickly!

Upvote 0
No as long as you're on the same account it'll be on the same bill, but you're going to have 2 seperate lines with seperate plans, they got rid of the plan sharing feature.

I used the auto assign, which just gives you a random number.

what do you mean 'if im on the same account'?

can i just delete the number they gave me and choose one of the 3 they offer me?

im a bit confused...sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones