• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2023

Los Angeles Dodgers Celebration GIF by Jomboy Media

Upvote 0
Baseball was the only game I was every any good at. And, I use the term good loosely. It is a grand game to play.
Listening to the games on the radio brings back good memories. My buddy's dad was a big Yankee fan and we all would listen to the games in his garage.
That was back when Whitey, Berra, Mickey, and Roger were playing. Not to mention staring at his Marilyn Monroe calendar. :)

Upvote 0
In High School I was a catcher. Then I was a catcher in the Military and it taught me why most catchers don't have a good batting average. We had a left handed pitcher who could throw in the 90s. By the 3rd inning I could barely grab the bat with my left hand. By the 6th inning I could not grab the bat with my left hand. I was also using a professional catchers mitt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am just glad that Kershaw is not pitching in the WBC..... even though he wants to pitch in it. Luckily the insurance company backing it would not insure him.
If he really wants to play in the WBC he should just do it.

He's an outstanding pitcher and has been pitching for 14 years, so he has millions $$$$ in the bank. He should be able to work something out.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
If he really wants to play in the WBC he should just do it.

He's an outstanding pitcher and has been pitching for 14 years, so he has millions $$$$ in the bank. He should be able to work something out.
he tried according to him. its all about insurance. he even tried getting his own insurance coverage, but MLB would not consider it. i agree that he should play if he wants to do it.

Upvote 0
I'm too budget-restricted (a.k.a. cheap) to regularly go to Major League baseball games any more. Living in the western suburbs of Chicago fortunately there's a great alternative not too far away from us, the Kane County Cougars, a Minor League team. Attending their games is easier to get to (only a half-hour or so in low density traffic vs. an hour and half or so to go see the Cubs or the White Sox in very congested traffic) and a lot cheaper, all with that same '.....day at the ball park' feel and some really good, upcoming players.
If there's a Minor League team in your vicinity, there are other options for some good baseball.

Upvote 0
Home Run Happy Dance GIF by Laff

Batter up... I'm ready already. I've traveled to see the Royals play. It involves a long commute that usually involves an overnight stay. Fun, you bet, but makes it an expensive weekend. My local fix is the Double A Wind Surge. I will make a few games this summer. We have a new stadium which is super nice and also expensive in my opinion for that level of ball. They razed the long standing Lawrence Dumont stadium to build this new expensive venue. I have yet to put my butt in their stands but lived at the old stadium. It was old, it was very glaringly showing it's age, but it had a lot of tradition that was baseball to me for sixty plus years.

Upvote 0
Well. That was something. BOS/ATL game ended badly due to the pitch clock rule. Ugh. Bottom of the 9th, full count, bases loaded, 2 outs, too much time taken by the Braves batter, called 3rd strike, game over. What? OMG! Batters better adjust pretty quickly because what? Haha

Upvote 0
I like anything that might speed up the game. I think they have lost some of the viewing audience with the game continuing to slow down over the past decade or so. I love the game so that I'll be watching but I am not a fan of reviews and the antics at the mound and plate as well as the seemingly endless change of pitchers. They all slow the game down and distract from the game.... at least for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones