• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Comcast TV Pop-up Locks Up Phone

Eric_R

Lurker
Apr 6, 2018
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini running Android 4.4. I do not have any Comcast apps on the phone. I have Comcast cable TV and Internet service. Starting 3 days ago, I started getting a pop-up window on the phone (not in a web browser) stating "Set your home TV Service to Comcast Cable Communications" with the options of either "OTHER" or "CONFIRM". The window locks up the phone, and it won't go away using the back button or the home button. The phone won't even go to the Task Manager when I hold down the home button. The only way to get rid of it is to restart the phone. I have attached an image of the window.

AVG antivirus does not find any virus.

How do I get rid of this? It's appearing once or twice a day.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Comcast Pop-Up.jpg
    Comcast Pop-Up.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 210
Apparently this isn't so much a matter of whether you do or don't have any Comcast app on your phone, it's some kind of confirmation of a Smart TV app that has detected your Comcast broadband and needs to be set to use it. As you don't specify if you just try to quit the pop up by selecting one or the other, or just try to quit the pop-up, what happens if you select 'Confirm' or 'Other'?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones