• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Conference championships: Jan. 28, 2024

I do think the Chiefs have a decent chance against the Ravens. Even though they are the visiting team, their recent post season record gives the team a been there done that mindset where the Ravens haven't won a divisional round since 2012. Not that it makes the Chiefs the better team this year but does give them a higher confidence level. I see the game being much like the Chiefs / Bills game where the occasional stop or turnover by either team will likely dictate the outcome. Can the Chiefs keep Lamar in the pocket? Can the Chiefs offensive line give Mahomes time to work? Two big questions that the game will answer and pivot on.

The Lions / 49'ers game I know far less for lack of following their games. (not by choice) The traveling team is always at a disadvantage in games, that is a factor to consider. 49'ers home record is decent at 5/3 but not reflecting a big home field advantage. The Lions traveling record is 6/3 showing they know how to play ball at another team's house. I tend to agree with the critics that the game will hinge on the play of Brock Purdy. Will the game be too big for the rookie? It's a big question on everyone's mind and quite likely on his. There is no room for lack of confidence at QB. I'm sure the 9'ers anticipate that and will try to run more and pass less. If they fall behind and have to count on him bailing them out, it could get ugly.

Both game will be fun to watch.

Upvote 0

Lions Fan Became Internet Legend While Eating 3-Foot-Tall $250 Sandwich During Win Over Bucs​

Lions Fan Became Internet Legend While Eating 3-Foot-Tall $250 Sandwich During Win Over Bucs

lionsfansandwich.png

Upvote 0
I never bite my nails but I do more than my share of yelling at the TV. My oldest living daughter once thanked me for teaching her that it was quite acceptable to vocalize both satisfaction and displeasure during games. She said that the regular patrons at the sports bar where she and her husband take in many games get the hell out her way during tense moments of games she's rooting for. Being raised in Kansas but living in California she is often of the minority fan base. That's not slowing her down at all. It makes a man proud. :)

Upvote 0
I quote myself "Can the Chiefs keep Lamar in the pocket" I think the game hinges on this. Contain Lamar and force him to beat you with his passing is the ticket to success. He's not a bad pocket QB but he is an excellent scrambler. I'll take my chances of him beating the Chiefs with his arm long before I'd let him run. The Chiefs allowed Josh Allen two rushing TDs. Josh is talented but not a Lamar. The Chiefs either shut Josh down in the second half or they decided not to run. It cost the Bills the game in my opinion. I predict the Chiefs will have to shut down Lamar's rushes... if possible... to earn a W.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Nothing more scarier than a good QB that can also run.

Got to be older to remember this guy, but there are YouTube videos of his scrambling. He would scramble so much on a down that the announcers would get confused as to where the line of scrimmage was. :ROFLMAO:

frantark.png

Upvote 0
We are in the midst of the success of mobile QB's era. The day of the Brady pocket success is all but over. It requires an excellent O line, a skilled arm, and gifted receivers. Moving the pocket with a mobile QB has so many options it's difficult to defend and a fortune is not required for a talented O line. A QB that's a big threat of ripping off yards instead of passing or passing on the run is near impossible to defend. I see all offenses going to a mobile QB.

Upvote 0
The story lines abound and it's difficult to choose just one to follow. Being a huge Chiefs fan since they came to KC I'll be rooting for them until they are eliminated. I'll be happy for whoever wins it all. They each are great teams with a great reason to root for them. I have friends that are Lions and 9'er fans. Not that I don't have an immense amount of respect for Lamar, I'll be rooting for one or the other in the Super Bowl if the Chiefs lose today.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones