• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cricket has a new $70 unlimited data plan

It's not unlimited :( its only 97TB

d7f1a5cf9b3f9f98f631ac9ebd47a223.jpg

BTW I might use my 97TB hahahaha jk!!!! Wonder if it is even possible to use 97TB, I'm sure someone can and will probably complain they have been throttled haha

Reactions: leiwphd
Upvote 0
BTW I might use my 97TB hahahaha jk!!!! Wonder if it is even possible to use 97TB, I'm sure someone can and will probably complain they have been throttled haha

97TB per month would be absolutely crazy, but out of curiosity I had to do the math...

With Crickets 8Mbps max LTE speed it would take around 3 years of constant downloading to transfer 97TB of data. :eek:

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
9f88b1430ba3989e6f07298fb4c9d54b.jpg

Fixed it[emoji14]

Ha-ha and boy did I miss unlimited data! Already used over 400 MB in one day..

Back in the day when I had unlimited with VZW I always averaged about 150GB/Month.. Mostly on YouTube and Netflix.. People ask how I always used so much data but HD YouTube and Netflix eat it very quickly

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
With auto pay it goes down to $65 a month for unlimited data, talk, and text. Taxes included.

Limited offer - get $100 if you port your number from T-Mobile.

Starts April 17th:
http://cricketwireless.mediaroom.co...imited-Plan-on-a-Bigger-Network-than-T-Mobile

I am just now transferring lines over from Verizon to Cricket. Unfortunately I have two paid Droid Turbo phones that are paid for but not useable on Cricket. I would like to get new phones and make the switch. I just started with a new phone line for my oldest son but after looking at the reqts., we are only starting at the 5GB plan for $50. Does anyone know if the unlimited plan will be staying around and if so for how long?

Upvote 0
I am on metropcs with unlimited 60$ plan I do tether and use ~60 GB a month. I live in a fringe area where I don't have any signal in the bedroom. So I am interested in this 70$ plan because I get signal with cricket. I have a rooted Nexus 6. Only thing holding me up is whether I'll be able to tether that amount of data.
Has anyone else tethered like that?

Upvote 0
"Official" tethering isn't available on the unlimited plan, plus Cricket charges extra for tethering anyway. Metro definitely has them beat there. If you root you might be able to work around it.
On a rooted Nexus you can get around it and Cricket doesn't care as of now. Even on unlimited. But rooting mine broke Android Pay. Even taking root off didn't fix it so I went back to stock. I love Android Pay so losing it is a no go

By doesn't care I mean they don't try to block if after you have rooted.. They "could" cut you off if they wanted but they don't.

Upvote 0
I'm on a rooted Nexus 6 with marshmallow. Metropcs allow 8 GB tether free with the unlimited plan. That's why I rooted to use around 60 GB a month. 7 months ago I was on cricket 60$ plan with 10 GB data all of that was allowed as tethering. I do not use Android pay so I should be OK.
If someone is tethering 100 GB in this new plan I'll switch next month as I need like half of that. Thanks for the replies guys.

Upvote 0
I have used over 220GB over the summer when my only source of entertainment was streaming on my phone. I didn't slow down once.. to be exact I used around 321GB..

If you experienced a slow down I'd imagine it was something to do in your area..

I also have contacts I'm Cricket who said they aren't even using any type of network management on unlimited right now except for the 8MB limit.. I know T-Mobile starts to prioritize data after 20 something GB on unlimited if the tower in your area is congested.. my contact higher up at Cricket claims they aren't even doing this..

So yeah I can personally confirm you can use over 300GB no issues.. I don't do that a lot and now I will probably only average 30 - 40 GB but during the summer I work away from home so my phone is my only entertainment in the evenings

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones