• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dev Needed... 2.1 Running on the Behold 2

Is it really him? Can it be? Could be exciting times ahead

The pesimist in me wanted to do some searching. This phone has troubled me from just after the buyer's remorse period. I went to the EB-Productions web site. There are no references to the BH2 on there. That is where BH-Man's, aka Eugene, final activities were hosted. Just saying.

EB-Productions - Home?

Upvote 0
Ohh ok. i never knew that there was a sperate partition for radio and whether or not it would affect the whole operating system if messed with.

would performance increase from the froyo rom?

becuase i have an LG optimus t and it runs at 600 mhz which is not far from 528mhz so i thought since LG can run froyo and even gingerbread that this was possible.

Also would you be able to invite some dev from the other phones to help work on our phone as it would cut your work time as well as help in furhter deving on the behold 2?

Upvote 0
Ohh ok. i never knew that there was a sperate partition for radio and whether or not it would affect the whole operating system if messed with.

would performance increase from the froyo rom?

becuase i have an LG optimus t and it runs at 600 mhz which is not far from 528mhz so i thought since LG can run froyo and even gingerbread that this was possible.

Also would you be able to invite some dev from the other phones to help work on our phone as it would cut your work time as well as help in furhter deving on the behold 2?

STL7 is the Radio partition.. Just even mounting it & forgetting to unmount before rebooting will brick the phone.

honestly help isn't really needed at this point, the only thing I had issue with was the sound, and I've really gotten to know kernel's in general :D

The whole issue with my 2.2.1 was the kernel source.

what I really need is the original bh2 1.6 update.tar with pit file, I've seemed to lost that crap with the last linux crash :(

Upvote 0
GUYS I FOUND THE RECOVERY TAR FILE!

im not sure which one this is but i can assure you its for the bh2 and flashable through odin.

this 4shared shared files include most of the BH2 updates and roms but this is the only recovery files i could find.

xxx.4shared.xxx/dir/MqPX8C-o/_online.html#dir=35876968

(REPLACE FIRST XXX WITH WWW AND SECOND XXX WITH COM)

Upvote 0
I have some stock Odin packages. T939UVJA3 that contains the bootloader, pda and phone tar files with dates 3/18/2010. If this is what you need let me know.

I think so, does it also have the .pit file as well?

I'll take what I can get though :D

thank you so much for replying with this.

I'm hoping to get started Sat. but most of the stock stuff I find don't contain the .pit file.

or BL an so forth.... Do you have a link? or do you need to upload it?

The behold 2 has 64MB of Video Ram & 256MB or Ram.. There is no Reason why is couldn't run Froyo!! or eclair for that matter!

This little nasty ass phone I think will always be my favorite phone, it's the first phone I truly start Dev. on and not just copy & paste shit so it would make me at peace to finally get 2.2 on it and show the worl this phone had great hardware and just got passed over... maybe the behold 2 can make a come back if we get this done!!

lmao...

anyways, hoping to get started on it this weekend, finishing up my SGS2 project tonight to clear my weekend for it :D

~Eugene

Upvote 0
I don't see a .pit file. The zip file contains the following:
Behold2.ops
Odin Multi-Downloader v4.03.exe
Samsung ADB Driver.zip
T939UVJA3-BOOTLOADER-20100318.tar.md5
T939UVJA3-PDA-20100318.tar.md5
T939UVJA3-PHONE-20100318.tar.md5

I will need to upload it first, will get you a link asap.
Steve

other that's right....

The bold 2 don't have a pit... the way the behold 2 is, it's like a nandroid in odin form...

.ops is the .pit for the behold 2

I am dumbfounded! I had lost all hope and this forum just about died without you.

Welcome back! Did you lose your BH_MAN password?

yeah I can't remember my password at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones