• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dev Needed... 2.1 Running on the Behold 2

Eugene, you're awesome. Period!

Just the amount of work you put into all the phones and stuff, sheesh.

Okay now down to subject, did you get the the .pit file? I will look for one regardless. Second thing, you know how they said ICS was supposed to "unite" all devices? Do you even think BH2 has possible harware specs to run it? Im just curious :)

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hey you know if Eugene is still on this? Im just wondering whats up with him lol, I got a BH2 by accident from friend cuz he got a new phone. And me being my rebel self with trying to hack every electronic I have xD I decided to see whats up with this device :)

you can check his twitter for what he is doing currently. https://twitter.com/Eugene373

Reactions: Greenzone560
Upvote 0
I think so, does it also have the .pit file as well?

I'll take what I can get though :D

thank you so much for replying with this.

I'm hoping to get started Sat. but most of the stock stuff I find don't contain the .pit file.

or BL an so forth.... Do you have a link? or do you need to upload it?

The behold 2 has 64MB of Video Ram & 256MB or Ram.. There is no Reason why is couldn't run Froyo!! or eclair for that matter!

This little nasty ass phone I think will always be my favorite phone, it's the first phone I truly start Dev. on and not just copy & paste shit so it would make me at peace to finally get 2.2 on it and show the worl this phone had great hardware and just got passed over... maybe the behold 2 can make a come back if we get this done!!

lmao...

anyways, hoping to get started on it this weekend, finishing up my SGS2 project tonight to clear my weekend for it :D

~Eugene

I will donate $50 if you bring this phone back to life.

Upvote 0
please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

please I need rom arabic languang .... ican't change languang my phone to arabic

Upvote 0
please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

please I need rom arabic languang .... ican't change languang my phone to arabic

Upvote 0
Heartily agree Eugene! And thanks for picking it up again. This was my very first Android phone and I am seriously bent out of shape that Samsung abandoned us so fast. (In fact I'm boycotting all their products because of this foul treatment.)

Regarding speed, IIRC Google optimized better from 2.0 onward. Or maybe you just got rid of the Samsung "value added" touch wiz interface. I know one dev of my favorite tablet, a Skytex Skypad Alpha 2 who is still running 2.3 on it. He claims ICS is much slower. :)-( It will be interesting if you get ICS going on the BH2 to see if it's slower as well.

Upvote 0
Heartily agree Eugene! And thanks for picking it up again. This was my very first Android phone and I am seriously bent out of shape that Samsung abandoned us so fast. (In fact I'm boycotting all their products because of this foul treatment.)

Regarding speed, IIRC Google optimized better from 2.0 onward. Or maybe you just got rid of the Samsung "value added" touch wiz interface. I know one dev of my favorite tablet, a Skytex Skypad Alpha 2 who is still running 2.3 on it. He claims ICS is much slower. :)-( It will be interesting if you get ICS going on the BH2 to see if it's slower as well.

I have ICS running but it's very slow... I figured it was the error in the background, but there could be truth as what you stated..

I would like to get a GB project going though, this phone is amazing once 1.6 is taken off it! Honestly I forgot how much I liked this phone, and once I got GAOSP 2.2.1 booting correctly the phone feels like brand new to me..

Like to find others that want to help breath new life into this device.. I 100% sure GB would run fine with 64mb of video ebi & 256mb memory!

Upvote 0
Not sure what I can do to help. I still have mine. haven't turned it on in while but I have it. Let me know, even if just as a tester.

well, I'm going to upload the 2.2.1 rom later today with kernel...

I'm also going to be uploading the ext4 recovery & kernel + rom for 1.6 as well..

once the 1.6 is on ext4 it becomes usable again lmao..

regarding testing, the 2.2.1 rom is just to show how fast the behold 2 could have been with an upgrade, kinda sicking how fast it is though.

Reactions: suyash1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones