• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dog Days/Afternoons...

14390742_1175949065799369_6104097868075612525_n.jpg

Upvote 0
5 dogs that I can remember. My 1st were Wolf and Prince. 1 in the military and 1 at home. Prince was military,my dog. Wolf got hit by a car when i was young.

Sam was a Sargeant dog while I was less than a Private in training.He showed me how to work with Prince.

I haven't had a dog since.

Aww shame that is terrible I am really sorry :(

One of the hardest things by far is saying goodbye and I am not even sure how to deal with my dog getting hit by a car.

Wow thats hectic I am sorry buddy :(

I can't stand it when my dogs don't listen to me on walks it's extremely dangerous! So I have to keep them on leashes now I can't stand it when they have obedience problems lol only because I don't want them to run in the road the crazy things! xD

hehehe :D but they starting to have some better obedience ;)

Upvote 0
tips on house training

Sure ... give him restricted access to start. Take him out frequently, especially right after eating. If he goes, praise him profusely. If he doesn't bring him right back in, DO NOT PLAY with him during potty breaks. If you want to play, then first bring him back in and then take him out again using a different command.

Watch for the signs of having to go ... lots of sniffing in corners, etc. Every dog will give their own signals for having the urge to go.

When he has an accident in the house (all puppies do ... you can't avoid it.) Do not scold or punish him. No not take him out right afterwards because he probably wont have to go again. Clean it up right away and use something to neutralize the smell. We always used white vinegar. There are commercial products but a gallon of white vinegar for $1.50 should cover most of the training.

I recommend crate training as dogs don't want to pee where they sleep ... and a crate, used properly makes them feel safe. After all, dogs are den-dwelling animals.

Don't worry about setbacks. Puppies don't get complete control over their body functions until 6 months or so, depending on breed.

Upvote 0
Hope before and after :)

And Hopey Dopey today!

(She is still very skittish and scared at times but she as gained HUGE confidence! Dont be fooled :) )

She is having so much fun these days waggy tails and all :D

She was very interested in the baby seal on the beach the other day so we had to put her on the lead... lol at least she not so scared any more! :D

It would not be cool at all if she killed the baby seal :D

Upvote 0
But it does end, and sooner than you think
Indeed it does. No matter how long or short it's never enough. Never.
My son insists that Tickle will live to be 20 and never stop, I sort of think he may be on to something. But even that would somehow be not just enough, it never is. Never.
Oh and, we played...we usually do because I can't resist that face!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones