• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extract data from .trace files (from the profiler in android studio) for visualization?

So, I have a few .trace (CPU performance) and .heapprofd (Memory usage) files that I exported from android studio profiler. However, I want to know is it possible to extract the performance timeline data from these files to visualize them externally (say using python)?

I understand these files contain a lot of information but I am only really interested in the overall CPU and memory consumption data. Also, if there is any other application that can allow me to export CPU performance and Memory consumption of my app in a more readable file, that works for me as well. All I want is to profile my app and visualize the performance externally (so I can customize the graph).

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones