• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Factory reset [android phone] data retrieval

mok1

Lurker
Feb 15, 2023
Hello guys,
I did a factory reset on my android phone twice, and I am wondering if there's a way I can possibly bring the deleted data back? gigabytes of pictures and videos and all of that!
If so, then how?

Note: I didn't back up the data anywhere.

Hello guys,
I did a factory reset on my android phone twice, and I am wondering if there's a way I can possibly bring the deleted data back? gigabytes of pictures and videos and all of that!
If so, then how?

Note: I didn't back up the data anywhere.
If you did not backup your data before you did a factory reset, then your data is gone. There are some data retrieval programs out there that claim to be able to retrieve deleted data. But, be careful. Most of them are scams. And the majority are not free.

Your pictures and videos should be backed up by Google Pictures. As long as your data is synced with Google, your pictures and videos should be there..... so I would double check on Google Photos and see if they are there.

Upvote 0
What do you think a 'factory reset' is? It warns you like three times that it will ERASE ALL USER DATA (in all caps). Sadly, Android never got the equivalent of iCloud where all your data syncs up soon after you login to your Apple ID (or in this case Google Account). That used to be a chief complaint in my transition away from Apple to Android; that all my games had to restart from level one, no progress saved, no apps backed up with the same version I used last, etc.

mr-resetti-696x392.jpg

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones