• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite drinks?

What I go for most often are 'big' reds like Syrah/Shiraz, but I enjoy pretty much any half decent plonk.

Used to be a big whisky/whiskey fan - not so much these days, though I do still enjoy a good drop on occassion. Favourites are probably Isla malts - Caol Isla being tops. There are also some terrific bourbons around - Makers Mark for example. Never drink any whisky straight though: as a maker once told me, a drop of water brings out the flavours the way a shower of rain brings out the scents of the countryside.

I also like Belgian beers. In the UK, that usually means Leffe, Chimay or Hoegaarden. For me, the brunettes are best, but blondes and whites are way more common here.

Also really like older tawny ports .. and brandy and soda ..

Now beginning to question my idea of not being much of a drinker ..

Upvote 0
Plymouth Gin and Tonic with cranberry, Talisker or Laphroaig for spirits.
Sangiovese, Montepulciano, Merlot, Promitivo for reds.
Orvieto Classico, semillon for whites.
Pinot Grigio blush (Frizzante) for rose.
Fuller's London Pride, Young's Best, Green King St. Edmund' ale for beer.
Or any win I make myself (Currently Black Cherry and Elderflower - be ready by christmas)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones