• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Backup Not Cooperating

androidn0te

Mar 27, 2014
I'm using Google Backup on our LGV30 phones to sync all of our data in case of phone loss or failure in the future. So far, all the syncs are working great on three different phones expect my wife's. For some reason, her contacts refuse to sync, and just sit in the "Waiting to backup" phase.

I've tried everything, even removed the Google account it backs up to and re-added it, turning sync off and on, restarting, backing the contacts up to the internal storage first, nothing works. Why is it stuck? This is the only phone this happens on, and I have a LGV30 with the exact same setup and it works fine.

Thanks for the reply, but nothing seems to work. Tried removing all the old contacts and re-syncing them, updating the security patches, more toggling and nothing. It simply won't sync them for some odd reason. And I've verified the one phone is a mirror image of the other regarding settings. Quite frustrating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones