• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy Independence Day

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday. Be careful in your travels and celebrate with care. I'm having a BBQ with my friends tonight and then enjoying a BBQ with family the 4th. Enjoy and play safe.
images

@olbriar THANK YOU for referring to the holiday by its name, and not the date! Curious how this is the only holiday on the American calendar that we have been conditioned to refer to only by its date. Do we spend most of December wishing people a "Merry December 25th"?

It's as if some dark force wants us to forget that INDEPENDENCE DAY is the day our brave forebears, in a desperate act of high treason, said, "enough! No more!" and threw off the chains of oppressive tyranny from their own government. I hope more people join me in pushing back against this conditioning.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Independence Day!

:)

Upvote 0
@olbriar THANK YOU for referring to the holiday by its name, and not the date! Curious how this is the only holiday on the American calendar that we have been conditioned to refer to only by its date. Do we spend most of December wishing people a "Merry December 25th"?

It's as if some dark force wants us to forget that INDEPENDENCE DAY is the day our brave forebears, in a desperate act of high treason, said, "enough! No more!" and threw off the chains of oppressive tyranny from their own government. I hope more people join me in pushing back against this conditioning.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Independence Day!

:)

They use 'Xmas' in many places today to compensate for promoting Christianity. They won't even allow decorations in schools or government buildings anymore.

Also, isn't it odd how we still celebrate our independence when we're so reliant on outsourcing? Can you get anything Made in USA anymore? How about we learn from history and revolt again? Time for some more Independence!

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
just got back from costco.....they should change the name to Cost You Alot.......LOL

got me some baby back ribs. i accidentally grabbed one that was mispriced at $144 at $9.79 per lb!!!!!! so i picked another one instead. still 2 racks for$40 seems kind of high.

anyways, gonna brine it in some beer, salt, and brown sugar. will be grilling those up tomorrow. along with some green beans and golden beets salad as well as some baked potatoes.

last night i went to Total Wine and More to get me some good craft beers and a few bottles of wine.....so i'm stocked up with booze for tomorrow.

all i need now is to go to Wholefoods for a good cake or maybe some creme brulee.

its gonna be a delicious 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(yes i call it the 4th. it is no disrespect for the holiday. i know what tomorrow is and what it represents)

Upvote 0
Every time I hear the name 'Costco' the only image I get is of 'Osco Drugstore'. They used to exist in our mall ages ago with just the name 'Osco' on the front. Even though it ceased to exist sometime in the late 1980s it's the only thing to come to mind. We don't have a Costco. We have Ollie's, Gimme a 5, and Dollar Tree though. They specialized in drugs but carried just about everything including groceries. They were kinda like a Kmart.

Another one that comes to mind is 'Woolco'. I dunno why I still expect those stores to still exist or that they're what comes to mind though. I was like 5 when they were around!

Upvote 0
Every time I hear the name 'Costco' the only image I get is of 'Osco Drugstore'. They used to exist in our mall ages ago with just the name 'Osco' on the front. Even though it ceased to exist sometime in the late 1980s it's the only thing to come to mind. We don't have a Costco. We have Ollie's, Gimme a 5, and Dollar Tree though. They specialized in drugs but carried just about everything including groceries. They were kinda like a Kmart.

Another one that comes to mind is 'Woolco'. I dunno why I still expect those stores to still exist or that they're what comes to mind though. I was like 5 when they were around!
Same here, I think we might have an Ocso drug store the only one remaining in town though, but it too suffered a weird fate, getting shushed by Walgreens..

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
They use 'Xmas' in many places today to compensate for promoting Christianity. They won't even allow decorations in schools or government buildings anymore.

Also, isn't it odd how we still celebrate our independence when we're so reliant on outsourcing? Can you get anything Made in USA anymore? How about we learn from history and revolt again? Time for some more Independence!

Full disclosure. I'm a Jewish believer in Jesus Christ. I'm an Evangelical Non-Denominational ordained minster of the Gospel.

That said, the term "Xmas" wasn't started by the secularists. It was originated by devout Christians. The X doesn't stand for blotting out the name of Christ. What the X stands for is the Cross that He was crucified upon! It's true! You can look it up!

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones