• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy Easter Everyone

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
Happy Easter! I personally don't have any big plans this weekend. Tomorrow, the wife and I are meeting another couple at the cabin to enjoy the afternoon. Sunday I plan to smoke something. The weather is supposed to be very nice this weekend for the little Easter egg hunters and family BBQs. I hope you have something fun planned and enjoy the weekend with family and friends.

That sounds great to me. My wife's family always had olives on the holidays. It would not be a Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter without them at my house. I have to steer clear of them because they are so tasty due to their sodium content. :) It won't slow my wife down. :)
I'm thinking about smoking a prime rib and asparagus and baking some sweet potatoes.

Upvote 0
Olives are a real big Mediterranean French thing for my wife. I took this pic in France

IMG_20170509_112245.jpg

Upvote 0
I love olives! For a perfect snack I'd love to have some hard salami, hard cheese, and ripe olives.
Eating olives is nearly impossible around my cat. She absolutely loves olives and in your face for one.
She smells them if you open a can or jar and the fight is on. No other food item effects her that way.

Upvote 0
After church, we’ll relax a bit with the dogs and then we plan to head down the road to my sister’s house. They’re providing most of the menu; we will bring a potato dish and wine.

Re: olives, I’ve never been a big fan. My wife likes them, though. :)

Happy Easter to all the Early Birds out there.

Upvote 0
Nothing in our house though, we bought a ham, and mom did bring in pie with whipped cream.
Guest? Hmm...Probably the usual suspects.
My friend, I was so plumbed tired from my side occupation on that day, I fell so much asleep with the wrong timing and really horrided it though,
she made a cup cake for me and my sister.
I am happy that my sister spend time with her.

Upvote 0
I sang in the choir of my in-laws' church, where I preached a couple of times, recently. Being a professional, I "crash" the choir because I work during their midweek rehearsals. I read the music and do the service with them. I thought it would be a blessing.. they loved it. BUT there were all sorts of Easter plants there that sent my allergies into a tailspin. LOL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones