• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I want to root my device

Reactions: ArtOwO and Dannydet
Upvote 0
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
It says: SM-J730G
yep, the guide i linked you to should work for your phone. please read it fully before attempting to root. i would also read the many pages on that thread as well. you get to see other people's errors and some great tips and tricks to help root your phone.

any questions you have about the process, please feel free to post here.

good luck

Reactions: ArtOwO and Dannydet
Upvote 0
yep, the guide i linked you to should work for your phone. please read it fully before attempting to root. i would also read the many pages on that thread as well. you get to see other people's errors and some great tips and tricks to help root your phone.

any questions you have about the process, please feel free to post here.

good luck
Okay, thanks :)

Upvote 0
Also, my battery is hooked (if it's wrong i'm sorry, english isn't my main language), and when it's 100% i'm gonna press the quick start button in battery status on my phone (on a Samsung phone, open the phone app and type *#0228# and it may not work on recent models), should i do it? And would it possibly interfere with the rooting process? Edit: I can't download the files because of denied access, do i need an account to download it or it's just unavailable? Edit 2: the second file gives me an error saying:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><Error>
<Code>NoSuchBucket</Code>
<Message>The specified bucket does not exist</Message>
<BucketName>supersu</BucketName>
<RequestId>9H77BB58738G09XZ</RequestId>
<HostId>+bygpkSyvSF76aQX6dTqWa+fIAV3kTtdjVASCLd8/w0JmsLqoY8X93qVhbUKHNLg02JaJQaGtw4=</HostId>
</Error>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Activate the Developer Options menu: go into Settings, find the "Build number" (in Software information, probably in "About phone", but you can use the search in Settings to find it), then tap on the build number repeatedly until it tells you you are now a developer. The see whether you have an "OEM unlocking" option in the developer options (once the developer options menu is unlocked you can just search Settings for "oem unlocking").

If you have it, don't click on it: that will factory reset your phone, and there's no point doing it until you know whether the other essentials of rooting exist. But if you don't have that option in your developer options you can stop now, as it's highly unlikely that there is any way of rooting it.

If that option does exist you can find out whether anyone has written a custom recovery (e.g. TWRP) for your model of phone. It needs to be built for your particular model of phone: using one for a different phone, even a different phone from the same manufacturer, will not work and will probably break the phone. Again, if there is no custom recovery for your model of phone that's probably the end of the road as far as rooting goes.

I have done a little search in the xda-developer forums for "cloud mobile", and cannot see anything there. You might have more luck, but my impression is that either there is no root or there is very little interest in Cloud Mobile devices from the development community (which would come to the same thing).

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Just be aware, many 'custom ROMs' aren't what they used to be, neither are any tweaks that depend on root. A ton of modification that was once hidden behind root permissions are built-into modern Android. Root today will make a lot of important apps and games no longer work due to something Google added in called Safetynet. This means that a lot of banking apps refuse to open, and games such as Pokemon Go won't work. Secure Boot is also enforced today, meaning that root might make the phone unbootable in some cases, showing a red triangle screen saying the system is modified and no longer safe (which you can't bypass).

maxresdefault.jpg

The glory days of CyanogenMod 7.1's level of tweaks, or AOKP and Paranoid Android are long past us, regrettably.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones