• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ideos shuts down immediately after booting into Android (high temperature error message)

My mum's Ideos U8150 no longer functions correctly. It had an Infusion ROM and used to work just fine until one day whenever switched on it would boot up and load the Infusion ROM/OS and immediately display an error saying that the temperature was too high and that functionality would be limited. A second or two after that message the phone would vibrate and shutdown.

I tried installing a new ROM (Cyanogen) via ClockworkMod Recovery and that process went just fine. The result is that the phone boots up into this operating system and immediately vibrates and shuts down, this time without the temperature warning.

Any idea how I can revive the phone?

Hi sean, I copied this in case I needed it:
[FONT=&quot] [GUIDE]All Huawei new&old phones-Install Stock Rom-Full Reset[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here is how you do a Complete reset on all huawei android phones!
This resets everything and bring your phone to state when you first purchased it!

PLEASE BACKUP EVERY SENSITIVE DATA AS YOU WILL LOOSE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ON PHONE!
Procedure:
1)Download a stock ROM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Try using rom based on/closer to your region/country/operator. Better see for a pdf file inside the archive for your device compatibility[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2) Format your SD card in FAT32(NO NEED TO FORMAT IF ITS ALREADY FAT32)

3)create a folder "dload" off course without the quotes: on to the root of your SD card.

3) Extract the UPDATE.APP from the stock ROM and place it in "dload"

4) Power off your phone with sd card inside.

5)Power on by pressing POWER+RED BUTTON+VOLUME UP Button if done properly you will see progress bar saying UPDATING!

After its done it will reboot automatically and YOUR phone good as NEW[/FONT]

I gather from your Post that the phone doesn't stay on very long, so you may lose info that's not on your SD card. Neil.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, the phone continues to shutdown immediately after starting up. There appears to be an out-of-focus error message and, overlaid on top of that, a message saying that the phone is shutting down. Presumably the error that I can't see pertains to this component reporting that the temperature is too high.

Upvote 0
Hey Neil. I'm not sure what you mean by recovery mode. Is that ClockworkMod Recovery? I've used ClockworkMod Recovery to install a ROM (cyanogen) and I used the method you posted above to install one of the stock ROMs. Do you mean something else?

I'm not sure what backups I have. I might have backed up the IMEI but I'm not sure that I can find it. I can't imagine it would help anyway. :(

Upvote 0
Hi Sean, Sorry about delay in replying to your Post :eek: I've been away getting some sunshine.

Huawei Ideos U8150 hard Reset using buttons.

Press and hold CALL + VOLUME UP + POWER Button to get into Recovery Menu.
Select FACTORY Reset with VOLUME Down Button
Confirm with POWER Button. ALL of your DATA will be LOST!

Huawei Ideos U8150 Bootloader Mode.

Press and Hold END CALL + VOLUME DOWN + POWER Button to get into BOOTLOADER MODE.

Hope this helps. If you can't get into the Modes 1st time - pull the battery out for 30 seconds and then put battery back in and try again. Pulling the battery will clear for Restart. Cheers Neil.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones