• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interesting Articles.. post some interesting articles that other might enjoy.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
My problem is that my Darling Bride has several sizes of cast iron skillet, and can employ the one she feels corresponds to my misbehavior. I probably have "Lodge" embedded in the back of my head, but I try to keep my hair thick in the back. At least this is one skillet I KNOW she can't pick up!

:p

Speaking of cast iron skillets:

https://www.tastingtable.com/1038207/the-best-oils-to-use-with-your-cast-iron-pan/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is not an article as such, but it's a tribute to Norm Abram as he retires after FORTY-THREE years on "This Old House." I really enjoyed watching this. So I dug around on the web long enough to find a legitimate place you could watch it for free. :)

https://weta.org/watch/shows/house-norm-built-0

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All true. I studied sleep deprivation in college and was mostly floored by what I learned. Of particular note in your article was the point that almost all of the people who think they are doing fine with 5-6 hours a night are really just accustomed to being habitually sleep deprived and don’t really realize how affected they are by it.
As an analogy, I drink a lot of coffee (really started ramping it up back in law school, coffee and caffeine pills to help stay awake to study/prep etc.) and regrettably that has made me impervious to its effects regarding wakefulness. I can have a tumbler full of coffee (or a double espresso) at night and not have any trouble sleeping. However, when I was talking to a doctor about it, she pointed out that although it might not cause me to stay awake, my body was still reacting physiologically to the caffeine. I hadn’t ever really thought about that aspect of it, so I cut down a little bit. ;)
Point being that I was only focusing on the idea of it not keeping me awake, so I thought I was unaffected by the caffeine, which is not true, just like the folks who think they are “doing fine” on habitually getting only 5 or 6 hours of sleep each night. They’re just used to being sleep deprived.
Interesting read, Milo, thanks.

Upvote 0
Myself sometimes it varries on how tired I am per day, I tend sometimes to take a nap every once a spell if I am really exahusted, and I just not try to stay up because of staying up, since my own Six books does not write themselves, it does get so distracting without pyschially writing them and say one moment "Oh I have to put this on pause and then come back." Sort of trick, but it feels like hell sometimes..

Upvote 0

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Now that's the kind of tech that has merit! I hope it's better than instant coffee and tea.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones