• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is god a sadist?

M

Member243850

Sorry for the "heavy" title but I sometimes seriously need answers...

There is something I just cannot get off my mind sometimes and for some reason I must dig deeper... it is calling me out...

I just want to say I am an extremely loving person... I really wish at the end of the day that everyone could love everyone else and that everyone could live happily ever after... but this is not a fairy tale... and this sadly is not a good world at all...

I don't hate anyone really ... I am such a loving soul.

I have not had an easy life at all by any means... I have had to fight to the death almost to get where I am today... I feel like my mind and body have taken one hell of a beating...

I had a stressful and strict upbringing where it was so intense at times that I was not even allowed to eat with my fork upside down or I would be threatened... and told I was a loser... my house was a very stressful and strict place with screaming and yelling if I didn't do something 111110000000% correct... I guess I was treated like an animal rather than a human being...

I was almost constantly being yelled at... and my life has not been a bed of roses (without the thorns) but compared to so many people out there.... yes I have had it "tough" but some people have had it even a MILLION TIMES WORSE than me.... and god seems like a disgusting sadistic bastard...

I have always wondered why god (I don't give a shit about giving that bastard a capitol letter any more - a sign of disrespect) even if that mother ****er exists as to why it didn't make life just a LITTLE BIT fairer / nicer and calmer for everyone to have a happy and peaceful life...

Is god a sadistic peace of shit?

I have wanted peace for as long as I can remember ... I have never wanted to fight people... I am an extremely loving person... in fact you could say I love people a little bit too much and care very deeply for everyone but sometimes because things are not fair or correct I find it hard to understand what the hell is god's problem...

And just like a true INFP... I really would love peace and happiness more than anything in the whole world... I am trying to get success just so I can get peace - what I so madly crave... I don't really want success... I just want happiness and peace!

I ask a very serious question that I now believe I will NEVER get the answer to it (something I seriously need an answer to because it is such an important question) because every time I try to figure it out I am just left even more clueless than before...

If god is even real and it even gives a shit ... THEN WHY did it make NOTHING FAIR IN LIFE???

I am thinking of becoming a Buddhist!

Maybe I can FINALLY get the peace and happiness I so desperately need and I am in search of...

But even then I always wonder....

What kind of father (that can do ANYTHING it wants to) creates children (UNEQUALLY) and THEN lets them "duke" it out????

What kind of sick freak does this!?!

Attachments

• peace.jpg
    peace.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: HardCoreMisotheist
It's all a matter of perspective, my friend.

Read this.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg.html

:)

That is one very special - just wow

Thank you my friend :)

That was an amazing and extremely enlightening / special read... very special indeed... never heard of it before!

That was quite a treat for me I really needed that!

How come I have never heard of this writer before??

He is like a super genius.... hmmm... interesting... I have also wondered if we have had many lives before this one... to learn from previous mistakes....

I wonder if the Hindus are right after all... but then again... is it just a matter of perspective?

lol

The egg - I will never forget such an ingenious and very special brilliant work of art

Thanks my friend :)

I wonder... maybe I was a child abuser in my previous life and now getting a dose of my own medicine or something like that... lol...

I guess I'll just keep on.... keeping on...

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
I sometimes wonder.... if god has the power to do anything and is very loving.... then why does he let people suffer so much in life?

I am not talking about now life is so much better for me now.... but I will never forget how many times I tried to take my own life... and my life has been quite easy compared to many others....

Why did god make some people very stupid or not so intelligent.... sometimes I just don't get it....

Sorry for the hectic thread... even life has become a million times better for me I still haven't forgotten how hectic life used to be...

I don't think I will ever find the answer or might go crazy trying to figure it out.

Upvote 0
There is no answer because you're asking the wrong question. It's not "Why does God let bad things happen?" But "Are the things we consider bad, bad in God's eyes?" Or, "Does God control all things?"

If God were to have compassion for all living things, then what would happen to all the bacteria who dies the last time you washed your hands? Is God only "God" to people?

Upvote 0
There is no answer because you're asking the wrong question. It's not "Why does God let bad things happen?" But "Are the things we consider bad, bad in God's eyes?" Or, "Does God control all things?"

If God were to have compassion for all living things, then what would happen to all the bacteria who dies the last time you washed your hands? Is God only "God" to people?

Thats a very good answer... sometimes I just don't understand though... but yes maybe you are right.

Maybe it is just my perspective. I think maybe you are right. Yes maybe God doesn't control all things I think you are right.

Hmm... that's an interesting thought that... what would life be like if we had no freedom of choice or freedom of thought?

I think you are right!

Thanks Loony :)

I must always remember that when I get angry with life or things are not going well and remember it is not God to blame but humanity's freedom of choice and bad decisions.

Upvote 0
It's the conundrum of "Free Will". The concept is that God created us in his image (a small part of himself-- and as anyone who understands math will tell you, any part of infinity is infinite also) and as such we have the ability to control out own destiny. If we accept this, we must also accept the responsibility to do so, and any consequences therein.

If we believe that a single omnipotent God controls all, then we have no control to change what must be and there's no point in worrying since no matter what we do it's out of our control.

Live your life honestly and with integrity and don't sweat the petty things. (Don't pet the sweaty things, either.)

Upvote 0
Yes very very true and I mustn't let anger dominate my life but sometimes it can be hard at times in a way.

It is also extremely important not to become arrogant and think I am better than the entire universe combined.

Sometimes I hate looking back - but it reminds me of how heavy my life used to be and how insane everything was and horrifying.

Never let status cloud ones mind or get in the way of great integrity.

Do what is right no matter what!

If that heat exchanger looks like it was designed by a 5 year old then say it loud and clear! xD

hahaha!

lol I kid I kid - rather say something more like "Nice job! But sadly it failed hydro-static pressure testing but you were on the right track! But it unfortunately failed industry standards"

Shit if you don't have integrity in this industry - you are the worst thing I could possibly imagine!

The one slack group of engineers I heard of at Sasol didn't check their one system properly and it went through about several different people but it was WRONG and when it was brought back up online - BOOM!

Massive explosion that killed I think several people - the one person (responsible) hung himself and the other went to jail I think for life.

Very sad story... integrity is not a matter of choice - it is a way of life!

Upvote 0
If you think that is bad you haven't seen nothing yet!

I never mentioned a hell of a lot of other crazy stories that I have seen in my cuurent life time, about 2 years ago (late 2015 and early 2016) there was an error on the one isometric - very serious error!

It was according to our Client's specifications however it was a stainless steel octagonal gasket - it should have been cording to SA - 105 which ISO 15608 (which is a particular variant of carbon steel - please note there are different variants of carbon steel) that is what it should have been - however the client kept arguing with us and we told them it is not correct they got annoyed.

http://metaldata.info/reports/SA105.pdf

As soon as Plant 52 was brought back up online all I remember that day was the alarm siren going off and everyone told to get into emergency positions incase of emergency evacuation ... omg... all I thought about in my head was "OH MY GOD PLEASE LET NO ONE BE HURT OH GOD NO" and the whole of Plant 52 was up in flames!

Absolutely beyond ****ing insane but luckily no one got hurt

but the client was so full of shit they tried to blame it on us but we warned them through multiple / many emails and correspondence etc etc that it was extrmeley dangerous and very foolish to continue with such a setup.

I still have the pdf where the error clearly is shown in red from the email for legal reasons but they didn't even dare take us to court because it would have gone ONE WAY.

Sometimes these pricks are so full of shit - they can be totally arrogant and think they know more than the entire universe combined it's disgusting I hate arrogant people so much - they are VERY dangerous arorgant people.

Sometimes I feel they are the most dangerous people of all!

Also we had one crazy person cut a LIVE LINE back in 2015.

He was instantly FIRED.

I know I may sound "hectic" over here but when ever I see someone even REMOTELY dangerous - I just want to fire them YESTERDAY.

I could go on and on of all the insane and dangerous people I have come accross it's so scary the people in this industry always cutting corners and trying to do the bare minimum so they can just make millions of more dollars putting everyone at risk with their insane arrogance.

I was sitting there the one day with an old reactor - it was about 35 years old - and I was very concerned because even though it was scheduled for a check up only next year I still didn't like being around such arrogant people saying I want to slow things down...

However truth be told! After doing various ultrasonic testing and xrays - WHAMO!

There was a clear lack of fusion in the one area next to the one weldolet due to the many years of stress on the very old reactor... I was right after all!

It is always always always ALWAYS better to be safe rather than sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I'm just glad I don't have a job where things blow up if mistakes are made.
Actually what am I saying - things DO blow up. Last software load that was delivered caused something on the power system to explode.

I totally agree!

In fact the jerks I was working with at one point were so bad they were the "finest" Black Economic Empowerment pieces of shit I have ever seen - they didn't know what the **** they were doing absolutely disgusting and this is why this place will never truly succeed because race is more important than life itself!

This crap hole just throws people of black colour into serious key positions and expects them to do the same job as people who are far more deserving and qualified to do the job properly.

Intelligence, knowledge, qualifications and integrity means **** all in this shit hole.... it is no longer what you know.... it is WHO YOU KNOW.

The reason why these things happened was directly because of BEE - (black economic empowerment). It has ****ed everything up on a monumental scale beyond your imagination.

The corruption is beyond ****ing crazy - I think this shit hole is now listed in the top 10 most corrupt countries on the planet. Theses ass holes have stolen so much money I think Zuma is one of the richest people now on the planet much like Robert Mugabe but ONLY through THEFT of robbing an ENTIRE COUNTRY.

It's become like communist Russia here where sometimes they even refer to each other as "comrade" it has become so scary!

this shit hole has now been reduced to JUNK STATUS

Upvote 0
Similar and equally thought provoking:-

He did narrative on Little Big Planet franchise. Maybe god is everywhere, but not at once, because you can never count on the children being born, or even selectiveness on who is going to survive and who is going to perish on this and that too.

I have often wonder if there was one or two, or even god is in the starlight themselves..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones