• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Letters T, G and V won't work.

I have problems with my keyboard in android 2.3. I'd like to solve it without restoring to factory parameters or rooting. Does anybody know an app that can fix it or maybe is it a virus? My antivirus doesn't detect it, if there's any. Oh, and if I flip my phone horizontally letters D and X won't work.

I have problems with my keyboard in android 2.3. I'd like to solve it without restoring to factory parameters or rooting. Does anybody know an app that can fix it or maybe is it a virus? My antivirus doesn't detect it, if there's any. Oh, and if I flip my phone horizontally letters D and X won't work.

Welcome to the forums, Maria Pia (beautiful name).

You can opt for a 3rd party keyboard app at Google Play Store, such as Smart Keyboard Pro, etc.

One thing about installing and using one of those apps is that often it will wash out issues with the stock keyboard after a reboot. :)

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums, Maria Pia (beautiful name).

You can opt for a 3rd party keyboard app at Google Play Store, such as Smart Keyboard Pro, etc.

One thing about installing and using one of those apps is that often it will wash out issues with the stock keyboard after a reboot. :)

Ok, I'll try it.
I tried it and it didn't work. It changes the keyboard but it's still has the same problem:thinking:

Upvote 0
When you rotate the screen do the d or x letters line up with where the t g or v letters were. I am wondering f the screen as dead spots.

I just woke up, and tried touching letters d and x, and they are working BUT letters J and N won't work! T, g and v aren't working either, but that isn't surprising. It isn't a dead spot because when I touch an app in the zone where the letters don't work, the app opens.

Reactions: OutOfPhase
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones