• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost gmail account

Emjfos083

Lurker
Aug 28, 2022
Around a year ago I've left my gmail account, now i realised I can't log into my old tiktok account without my email since I've changed the password and changed phone numbers too.

I know my email, old password and old phone number. But I can't verify my number to get into my Gmail account. My old phone is broken and google barely has any service. So i came to the conclusion that using my old sim card might delete the phone number verification since maybe my sim card will be recognised.

I have 0 understanding of phones so is this going to do anything?

Reactions: Kairaa and Dannydet
Upvote 0
ok so let me get this straight. you tried using googles account recovery (https://accounts.google.com/signin/...wName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=AccountRecovery) and as part of the two step verification it is asking for your old phone number, correct? and when you entered the old phone number, it tried to send a text message to it, correct?

if so does it give you an option to "try another way"?

No, it gives me an option where it says "I don't have my phone" and everytime i click on it it tells me i didn't provide enough information, even though the verification is the only thing I didn't write in lmao.

I changed my phone and have a new sim, maybe that's the problem because whenever i try to log into my discord or tiktok i used for the email they tell me that I'm logging in from a new location which adds extra verification.

Upvote 0
Let's get straight to the point,

I've lost my Gmail account, on my old phone i lost I've deleted it because someone tracked it down and did something to it. So i chabged the password and left it.

Later that phone broke, and i got a new one that's still from the same company ( redmi ) but i can't log into any old accounts because I'm logging in from a new device. I can't go in my email obviously even though i have the phone number ( which i changed and can't acces either so verification doesn't work ) old password and email name. So the only problem being me logging in from a new device, will it be solved if i switch the sim cards? What do i do?

Upvote 0
I see your newest post has been merged with your previous thread. That's good because by itself it was very hard to understand: with the context of the earlier posts it's clearer what's going on.

Is your old SIM still active? If it was on a contract that was ended then it's useless, and the old number is lost (unless you are with the same service provider and can persuade them to change your phone number to the old one, assuming they've not allocated it to someone else in the meanwhile). However if it was a pay as you go number (or you are still paying a contact on it!) then swapping SIMs should allow messages sent to your old number to be received. To be clear, it will be the phone number associated with the SIM that matters here, not the SIM itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones