• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MetroPCS & T-mobile outages and tower upgrades.

Well your area is HSPA 7.2
thank you Gman for the info. regardless of whether you work for t-mobile or not, you are knowledgeable about these things and we appreciate it here. i asked you this before in another post but some kindly soul poked his nose and directed me to t-mobile coverage map. :rolleyes: i did not want to be rude and the post got lost among other replies.
is there a place where i can look up when they are going to upgrade the towers in my area?

Reactions: BRAINZ2013
Upvote 0
Reactions: BRAINZ2013
Upvote 0
the third one is like 2 miles from my house. checked the google map.
the permit status is open. notes say "REPLACE T-MOBILE'S EXIST ANTENNAS, LINE &EQUIPMENT WITH NEW, FBC2010"
hopefully HSPA+ :thinking:
I think when they're done your area will most likely have 1900MHz HSPA which will at least be H+21 and then also LTE since the equipment goes hand in hand. IMHO I don't think AWS HSPA will be there since they're barely expanding that network anymore. On your N5 that won't matter anyway.

Reactions: akmsr
Upvote 0
Thanks kate ,next to post I hope it gman with his insider knowledge combined with common sense well my current phone is a mytouch slide 4g I have yet to see any speed over 1.5mbps what my max speed or am I using an unsupported device (like are my towers dead for my variant of h+)
Since the mytouch slide has a HSPA+14 radio it should average around 5mbps under good conditions

Upvote 0
My data speeds are so embarrassingly bad I won't even post them.

I am working with the Mothership on it but I'm not sure I'm getting anywhere there.

I can still do what I need to about 95% of the time but there are times the data is unusable. That was Rarely the case for me on CDMA.

As soon as I think Metro has done all here tower wise they can do, I'll root and enable the Lte on my N4 and pray that bumps the speeds up enough to be more usable. (Even with the bad speeds I have now, there's No Other carrier than T-Mo that would let me use the Amount of data I use each month...)

That eedeeit blind squirrel misses a hell of a lot more nuts than he finds. ;)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0
Well Bruce lemme post my "fogee" speed note this is the highest ever had on this phone Ms. slo g slide it barley usable during the day much slower than 3g on my motion
ypuqy4e7.jpg
I need an LTE phone can't even tether with that

Upvote 0
Well, I just got off the phone with the know nothing tech gopher for the Mothership calling from Jacksonville. They couldn't even have a REAL tech person call me. :rolleyes: THAT was a mistake.

The moron tries to tell me it's a location issue in the same breath he's saying I'm just 1.5 miles from the nearest tower in. (And I'm getting 6-8 Mps at 4 AM HERE) Bzzzt. Tilt. Fail.

It'll be sometime in the 2nd quarter (Juneish he said) til any improvement is planned for here.

That's too bad.

I was Really Hoping to Not Have to go all Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger on them. :(

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0
One day I want to be really helpful tech support so when folks like Bruce go honey badger I can make them happy make them smile.. One T-Mobile reps told me thank you because I was like the most patient guy he had the whole day which made me feel more satifyed . back to being tech support.. I want to be that guy when you get off the phone you don't feel bamboozled or ripped off or treated like a fool. But like an adult who is worth something to the company

Upvote 0
Let me be more clear.

There hasn't been nor will there be the slightest cross word between me and anyone I've ever talked to at Metro. I do my best to be helpful with them helping me, like sending mass Speedtests to them for illustration. Yes, I calmly but firmly DID point out to tech phone gopher the comedy of him telling me I had a location issue in the same breath he was telling me I'm a mile and a half from the tower. That was just such a slow floater over the plate what was I 'sposed to do? I've bitched before about people raising hell with Metro while they're asking for help.

I do have a last card up the sleeve but I need to root and try Lte before I have to play it. Even that card doesn't require being rude or obnoxious.
(Thinking. Ok, maybe a little obnoxious, but not rude. ;) )

I will say that I've been working with them with this for about 2 weeks now and yes, I'm Perturbed that all that rates is them having someone say they are in tech and relaying a message. Someone who was incapable of answering any signal related question I had. He's also supposed to get back with me on a Lte question he couldn't answer. We'll see about that. But, Metro hasn't the slightest idea about this.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: xybyrgy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones