• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MS Onedrive issue

I could, but i don't see the point when google photos synced all the same exact folders fine and didn't drain the battery much when doing it. So basically completed the same task that 1drive did, but without the constant batt drain afterwards. The only reason i use 1drive is its better integrated into Win10 than google drive.

I don't use the SD card as permanent storage, its just additional space when needed, hence the cloud backups :) I just like to keep my media on it.

But yea i will try it as this has been bugging me for a bit now lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tried it, nah no difference, same problem, there's either a file it doesn't like or a bug going on with it.

I found if I just turn off camera upload then its stops using CPU and battery, rather than disabling it, I can live with that. Just have to remember to toggle it off after syncing :/

Upvote 0
I have located a setting where you can disable background usage of an application.
(forgive me for I don't have an English device so I might have some names incorrect)

Under Settings --> Connections --> Data Usage --> Usage Mobile

Here you will see a list of applications and how much they have used for data.
Select OneDrive from this list.
Here you can allow or deny allow data usage on background.
Disable this and the app should no longer run in the background.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones