• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nougat on Droid Turbo 2

Does anyone know how to force the update? I got it on my original T2, but I just used my Design Refresh and the replacement that arrived yesterday was on 6.0.1 and reports that there are no updates available. I'd really like to get my new phone back to the same OS my old one was one.
You can try the Verizon Software Update Assistant.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-116821/

That said, I have rumors online that the Nougat update has been held due to some unexpected issues some people are experiencing, so it may not be available yet.

Upvote 0
I have rumors online that the Nougat update has been held due to some unexpected issues some people are experiencing, so it may not be available yet.

The status is unclear.

The Verizon website lists the previous version as the current version.

The Motrola website says ...

We appreciate all the feedback you've provided about the Nougat update for the Droid Turbo 2. We're aware of the following reports and have put the update on hold while we are investigating them.

Android Pay
Playing/Downloading movies from Netflix and Play Movies
SD Card issues (booting, rebooting, possible SD Card corruption)
Camera issues when setting the screen size to small or large
Gallery issues
Bluetooth connection issues

If you're seeing any other issues, after updating, please let me know.

-Tom

I think all you can do at this point is wait a bit and see what is finally announced.

... Thom

Reactions: doogald
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones