• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nursegonecrazie

First thing to try: change your location mode to "device only", i.e. turn off all of the wireless network-based location and just use GPS. Do you get the correct location then?

If so the problem is that Google's database of what wireless devices are where is out of date. Maybe your cellular network has changed something, maybe someone has moved a WiFi network from one location to another, maybe Google have just screwed-up their database, but it's some wireless source being in a different location to where they expect that is confusing your location. These things usually get fixed after some interval.

Conversely if the problem persists when only using GPS, try switching to "low power" mode (if you still have it: it was deprecated in Android 9). That uses only wireless location. If that then behaves correctly it would suggest a fault in your GPS system.

If neither makes a difference, I don't know. Maybe back up and try a factory reset, see whether it clears some corrupted data (I usually prefer to be more surgical, but don't know precisely what to clear or whether you'd be able to anyway). You could try clearing the system cache first, just in case that's enough (saves the hassle of setting everything up again if you are lucky).

It's also conceivable that there's a fault with your phone that you cannot fix yourself. But let's hope not. The first suggestion is the most common cause of these things.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones