• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone won't update

Deven1234

Lurker
Jan 6, 2018
I've tried looking for this answer, and I can not find a post that relates to my situation specifically.

So, in the midst of all the other issues I'm having with this phone, whilst tinkering, I noticed that my phone is telling me I have an update available via the little exclamation point above my software update icon in Settings. I go into it and I have an option for "continue to update" and "check for updates", of course. So, I check for updates and apparently I'm up to date with my AT&T 7.0 software. However, I was unaware that AT&T rolled out 7.0.1 right before Christmas. Clearly I'm not up to date, nor can I continue the update and get my 7.0.1 software.

It's very possible that I had either lost a connection when it tried to update, however, i do not recall trying to update my phone a couple weeks ago. Memory could've been an issue, as I have an active thread about hemmoraghing memory all of a sudden and I constantly struggle to keep my head above water at 1-2gb with a 32gb phone.

Neither here nor there, is there any way to, for lack of a better term, uninstall and delete? I do not want to have to do a system restore or anything of the sort that involves wiping memory, as it was the holidays and I have pics and videos of my son's activities. AT&T locker is on hiatus and have not found a way to back my stuff up otherwise for free. If that is the only option though, i'd like to know. I dont want to do anything where I have to come out of pocket for AT&T/Samsung/Androids freaking fault. However, like I said, I'd love to know all of my options, whether i prefer them or not. Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones