• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

Scored me a 9 lb Cooks bone in ham yesterday for 8 dollars.

Reminds me of a story I heard a while back.

A husband asked his wife why she always cuts off an inch of ham from the front and rear of a ham before cooking it.

Wife responded, because my Mother always did that before cooking a ham

Then they asked the wife's Mother why she always cuts off an inch of ham from the front and rear of a ham before cooking it.

Her Mother said, because that's the what my Mother always did before cooking a ham.

Then they asked the wife's Grandmother why she always cuts off an inch of ham from the front and rear of a ham before cooking it.

The Grandmother said, because my pan was too small to fit all the ham in the pan.

Upvote 0
My local Jewel/Osco (Albertson's) has 10lbs hams for approx $5.90. That's really cheap

ham.png

Upvote 0
My last purchase was Tom Ford Lost Cherry perfume for my sister. Also just got my hands on a game-changing purchase – the eroxon gel. Excited to try it out! It's incredible how convenient it is to buy eroxon gel online. The ease of purchase and discreet delivery made the whole process smooth. Looking forward to the positive effects. Anyone else had a similar experience with online purchases

Last edited:
Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
While looking for a pic to share of the little heater I bought, I saw pictures of the same brand heater that I have installed to heat my cabin. It's been excellent heat that's been in service for six or seven years now. After doing some research I ordered one for a far superior backup heat solution for my home. Instead of 8K BTU the bigger heater is 30K BTU. Instead of infrared it is a blue flame unit. Instead of one pound LP bottles I'll run the new heater on forty pound bottles. I hope to never need either of these heaters but having a backup will give me some peace of mind.
81PVJ+k6ftL.jpg

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
While looking for a pic to share of the little heater I bought, I saw pictures of the same brand heater that I have installed to heat my cabin. It's been excellent heat that's been in service for six or seven years now. After doing some research I ordered one for a far superior backup heat solution for my home. Instead of 8K BTU the bigger heater is 30K BTU. Instead of infrared it is a blue flame unit. Instead of one pound LP bottles I'll run the new heater on forty pound bottles. I hope to never need either of these heaters but having a backup will give me some peace of mind.
81PVJ+k6ftL.jpg
Please be sure you have plenty of ventilation (and a working CO detector) if using it indoors.
I’m sure you know that, Olbriar, it’s for others stumbling across the thread.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Please be sure you have plenty of ventilation (and a working CO detector) if using it indoors.
I’m sure you know that, Olbriar, it’s for others stumbling across the thread.
I have a CO detector already. The heater comes with an oxygen level detector but ventilation is a must. It's not designed for supplementary heat but an emergency backup heat source. I would like to think I never need to use it.

The heater I have at the cabin is basically the same unit. However, its fuel source is outside and plumbed into the heater. A far safer scenario than the fuel tank sitting inside with the heater. I would never advocate that but on an emergency situation.

Reactions: rootabaga
Upvote 0
I was on a job once with an out of state general contractor and we had to wear a full body harness and tie off if we went up a 6 foot ladder.

I think back on the many times I stood on top of a 12' A ladder to attach a level platform for
a ceiling fan to be mounted to..... stupid!

In the past I haven’t been too concerned about a harness, but we have a split-level and I have a few tasks to do on the upper roof that will have me fairly close to the edge and it is a LONG way down to concrete (off of three sides; the fourth side drops onto our lower level). And I’m not as young or flexible as I once was, so I want that extra bit of insurance. I considered the full harness but since those attach in the back I wasn’t sure if I could attach to it once it was on.

I’ve fallen from a ladder once (just a couple of years ago, in fact), and though it wasn’t a great height, it reaffirmed my respect for gravity! ;)

This is a pic from when I strung lights on the upper level, pretty close to the pitch. That’s a long drop…and it looks longer in person! :)

DD2CE3AB-5106-40FF-B400-7FC179B898E0.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
In the past I haven’t been too concerned about a harness, but we have a split-level and I have a few tasks to do on the upper roof that will have me fairly close to the edge and it is a LONG way down to concrete (off of three sides; the fourth side drops onto our lower level). And I’m not as young or flexible as I once was, so I want that extra bit of insurance. I considered the full harness but since those attach in the back I wasn’t sure if I could attach to it once it was on.

I’ve fallen from a ladder once (just a couple of years ago, in fact), and though it wasn’t a great height, it reaffirmed my respect for gravity! ;)

This is a pic from when I strung lights on the upper level, pretty close to the pitch. That’s a long drop…and it looks longer in person! :)

View attachment 170778
The only time I was knocked out as an adult was falling off of a ladder. It was a wooden two step ladder that I was working off of. It launched out from under me because I was over reaching center of gravity and I stuck my head on the floor. You can't bee too safe when you are elevated. I think the harness is excellent insurance. Good on you!!

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones