• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

1707754162586.png

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
Use to have a fair Ford - Mercury dealer by me, but they closed. The next closest Ford dealer was a 100% ripoff. They were such a ripoff I tried to find a Ford Detroit email to report them.
The dealership I've used the last 10 years has been pretty good to me, even though they are technically 5 different dealers (brands). I bought a Ram, Toyota, and the latest, a Ford. My wife wanted a Lexus for her last car, so I had to go to another dealer for that, but in the Luxury car segment, if you can afford it, they treat you well.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I have a good friend that owns a car dealership. He's kept me in Dodge trucks and Jeep autos for twenty years.
I'll never have anything bad to say about my Ram 1500. I keep cars for 10+ years, so the aluminum body of the Ford was appealing with all the salt on the roads up here.

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
I'll never have anything bad to say about my Ram 1500. I keep cars for 10+ years, so the aluminum body of the Ford was appealing with all the salt on the roads up here.
I'm on number three and I'm with you, good trucks. I take care of them and usually keep them a decade or so. I'm currently driving a 2014. Since I'm simi retired, it's not seeing the miles accumulate nearly so fast now. It has had zero problems and I don't anticipate any problems. I noticed recently that the cruise control can't be engaged. It's rare that the truck is on the highway so it's not a big deal. I expect other little items like that to start quitting me. The truck owe me nothing and is still fun to drive. I won't be buying another anytime soon.

Upvote 0
On my Ram I had 225000 miles on it. Had to replace ball joints. water pump 3 times, brakes 3 times, catalytic coverter, exhaust system once, oxygen sensor, alternator and battery 3 times. I think that was it.

One time when I replaced the battery I went in for a pollution test. I had no idea changing the battery would reset what they test and got accused of trying to get by on the pollution test. I really got pissed, I wasn't trying to bypass the test, a supervisor had to come and calm thing down. The supervisor believed me and explained what changing the battery did.

Upvote 0
More vintage audio gear:

Sony DAV-HDX265 5-DVD Home Theatre System. I recently reorganized my living room entertainment centre, and I had some silver-faced 2000s stuff mixed with charcoal grey 1990s stuff mixed with sleek black 2010-era stuff. Finally getting that to be all one colour and every device organized by era meant I had to make some silver-faced 2000s stuff fit into my bedroom centre, so I went out to Goodwill and got this rather unique disc changer/amp for $8, and along with a silver-faced DVD/VCR combo that still works for another $8, plus my 80s Technics dual-cassette deck, it all matches up there now.

While it looks nice in a black cabinet all matched up, I never understood what it was with all the silver/chrome-faced designs of 2004-2005, it ages poorly.

Living room got a Kenwood 2-tape cassette deck ($20), a tiny little Sony DVD/CD Player ($5) and the house got a 1960s-era West Bend automatic humidifier ($4).

Also got a slew of PC-sized Blu-Ray players, and I mean these things are massive. Made in 2007-8, no internet port or support (not needed but odd for a Blu-Ray player). They all play Blu-Rays fine, but refuse outright to load a DVD...They got the DVD Video logo on them but apparently don't support them.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones