• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Privacy protection password forgotten

Omon Gideon

Jul 27, 2020
<p dir='ltr' style='margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0; text-align:start;'>Good day sir/ma, my son actually had issue with his cubot phone, he couldn't remember his privacy protection password and he hasn't been able to gain access to his phone, please i need immediate response, thanks.</p>

Good day sir/ma, my son actually had issue with his cubot phone, he couldn't remember his privacy protection password and he hasn't been able to gain access to his phone, please i need immediate response, thanks.
if you can't get into your phone becuase of the password then you will need to perform a hard reset. now keep in mind that this will wipe the phone clean so you will loose content. it will also trip FRP (factory reset protection).....so before you do the hard reset, make sure that you have the google account info (email and password) that was originally used when the phone was first setup.

not knowing the exact model, i can't provide you the exact hard reset guide.

but you can use this one as an example:
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/cubot/cubot-x9/

if anything google hard reset with the exact model of the phone.

Upvote 0
It's probably the same procedure.

Seriously, don't forget passwords. The whole point of the screen lock is to stop a thief (or someone who just finds the phone) getting access to your data, so if there was a way of bypassing it without wiping the data then there would be no point to having it in the first place.

But before you do a reset, does he know his Google password? There is another anti-theft system called "Factory Reset Protection" that means that after resetting the phone he will need to enter the Google login credentials (username and password) he uses with the phone before he will be able to use it again. The idea here is to stop a thief just stealing a phone, resetting it (hence clearing the privacy protection password) and then using it as their own or selling it: if they don't know the Google account and password the phone is useless. But it also means that if he is one of those people who entered the account password once and then forgot about it (and, amazingly, such people do exist) then he will be completely locked-out of the phone after a reset. So make sure you/he know those credentials (and maybe test them by signing into the Google account from a web browser unless you are very, very sure) before you reset the phone.

Upvote 0
if you can't get into your phone becuase of the password then you will need to perform a hard reset. now keep in mind that this will wipe the phone clean so you will loose content. it will also trip FRP (factory reset protection).....so before you do the hard reset, make sure that you have the google account info (email and password) that was originally used when the phone was first setup.

not knowing the exact model, i can't provide you the exact hard reset guide.

but you can use this one as an example:
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/cubot/cubot-x9/

if anything google hard reset with the exact model of the phone.

He tried it but it got to a point where it was only showing no command, he later tried the volume down and power button simultaneously he saw the language on it written in Chinese

Upvote 0
I think the J5 instructions here are a little different to the X9 now we know. It's often not easy to get the button sequence right first first time.
Does the screen you have now though look anything like the 2nd or other screenshot here: (except in Chinese or similar language you think)

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/cubot/cubot-j5/

Thanks a million guy, but what actually happened to his phone was that he used a mobile anti-theft password, so when changed his original sim with his new sim, the phone requested for the mobile anti-theft password, which is not his usual phone password...

Upvote 0
By "password" do you mean the 4 digit pin or pattern he enters when the screen goes to sleep.
Now he has changed service provider / carrier / network and when he installed a different sim card what happens?

Was the phone bought locked to the original sim card provider?

I would need to understand more, but perhaps the regular people here know what's happening.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
By 'password' do you mean the 4 digit pin or pattern he enters when the screen goes to sleep.
Now he has changed service provider / carrier / network and when he installed a different sim card what happens?

Was the phone bought locked to the original sim card provider?

I would need to understand more, but perhaps the regular people here know what's happening.

Thanks.

Immediately he got the phone he went to the phones setting, this time not to create the regular screenlock but to make anti-theft password, which is written as privacy protection password on the phone, so now when he changed the sim to put in a new one, probably the phone must have it was actually an unknown person handling it which made it to ask of the mobile anti-theft password which he used when he just got the phone..

Upvote 0
mmediately he got the phone
.... again, with a new sim this time?
which he bought new or second hand?

he went to the phones setting,

this time

not when he got the phone new?

not to create the "regular screenlock but to make anti-theft password,

so not the first time when he just acquired the phone
... but with a new sim?

which is written as privacy protection password on the phone,

so that was the wording in the settings, or on the locked screen now ?

so now when he changed the sim to put in a new one, p

robably the phone must have it was actually an unknown person handling it

where, when?

which made it to ask of the mobile anti-theft password which he used when he just got the phone.."

----

The only thing I know of different to the Lock screen pin / pattern unlock code is a Sim Lock Code which is extra security.
You would need the default sim card pin unlock code your carrier / network uses, before you can change it to a personal one. The default code is usually 0000 or 1111 or 1234 or contact your / his provider.

Other than that I can't download the manual for the device, so unless someone here on this forum understands and knows better (easily done) it's a matter of getting help from your sim provider, the Cubot (new or used) seller or any Cubot forums.

Can you insert the old sim card and try again?

Can you not get to the hard reset screen as outlined above?

Sorry that's all I personally know.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

this time

not to create the 'regular screenlock but to make anti-theft password,
... but with a new sim?

where, when?

which made it to ask of the mobile anti-theft password which he used when he just got the phone..'

----

The only thing I know of different to the Lock screen pin / pattern unlock code is a Sim Lock Code which is extra security.
You would need the default sim card pin unlock code your carrier / network uses, before you can change it to a personal one. The default code is usually 0000 or 1111 or 1234 or contact your / his provider.

Other than that I can't download the manual for the device, so unless someone here on this forum understands and knows better (easily done) it's a matter of getting help from your sim provider, the Cubot (new or used) seller or any Cubot forums.

Alright, thanks for being helpful...

Upvote 0

this time

not to create the 'regular screenlock but to make anti-theft password,
... but with a new sim?

where, when?

which made it to ask of the mobile anti-theft password which he used when he just got the phone..'

----

Alright, thanks for being helpful...

Upvote 0
After re-reading through your postings a few times, it seems there's an issue involving some mixing of definitions and semantics involved that are making the initial problem more complicated.
-- There's a password issue involving his Google account, something that based on his Gmail address and password. It will relate directly to his online Google account so it has a very high priority status. It's also most likely what he used to authenticate his phone. It will involve things like online syncing with Google services and Play Store account access but it's not SIM locking.
-- There's a lock screen issue, that relates only to his phone. It's a security and privacy measure that keeps others from easily accessing the contents of his phone. Some apps, like banking apps, will rely upon the lock screen (i.e. fingerprint, pass code, etc.) to work. But the lock screen applies to the phone itself, it's not going to apply to his authenticating himself to his online services, nor is it used as a SIM locking service.
-- There's a SIM-based PUK issue, might have been the original issue to address. The Personal Unlock Key is typically a passcode. It relates only to SIM access.
https://www.wikihow.com/Determine-Your-Mobile-PUK-Code
The three are not inter-related, they each apply to different aspects.

Upvote 0
After re-reading through your postings a few times, it seems there's an issue involving some mixing of definitions and semantics involved that are making the initial problem more complicated.
-- There's a password issue involving his Google account, something that based on his Gmail address and password. It will relate directly to his online Google account so it has a very high priority status. It's also most likely what he used to authenticate his phone. It will involve things like online syncing with Google services and Play Store account access but it's not SIM locking.
-- There's a lock screen issue, that relates only to his phone. It's a security and privacy measure that keeps others from easily accessing the contents of his phone. Some apps, like banking apps, will rely upon the lock screen (i.e. fingerprint, pass code, etc.) to work. But the lock screen applies to the phone itself, it's not going to apply to his authenticating himself to his online services, nor is it used as a SIM locking service.
-- There's a SIM-based PUK issue, might have been the original issue to address. The Personal Unlock Key is typically a passcode. It relates only to SIM access.
https://www.wikihow.com/Determine-Your-Mobile-PUK-Code
The three are not inter-related, they each apply to different aspects.

Thanks boss, have actually given it to an engineer, but just in case of next time.
Am really grateful boss..

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones