• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Repeating Message Notifications

I don't know about Motorola's message app, though if there isn't an option in the app's settings the answer is probably "no". But quite a few third party message apps have the option to repeat the notification. It would be a matter of trial and error to find one that meets your requirements (e.g. Textra, which I use, allows you to specify up to 50 repeats, but I don't see a setting for the repeat interval - I'd guess it's less than 10 minutes, since that's probably quite long for many people).

Upvote 0
Hi, I have the G4 Plus and was wondering if it was possible to have the message notification repeat, at the moment if there is a message it just plays the notification sound once, is it possible to make it repeat, say every ten minutes, until you read it? Phil

If you have 'Accessibility' in your settings you should find the option to enable 'Unread notification reminder'. The following is on my HTC M9. A possible downside is all notifications will repeat.

Screenshot_20170822-210436.png Screenshot_20170822-210509.png Screenshot_20170822-210520.png

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones