• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtone changed spontaneously, cannot reverse

colc

Jul 9, 2015
My HTC Desire v2.2 suddenly and without any input from me changed from my normal ringtone.
What I receive now is a voice message " home calling" or "unknown calling" etc.
I was not even aware that this configuration was even available; it is not in the list of ringtones.
The main problem is that it is not loud enough as I am often a distance from my phone.
The settings indicate that my normal ringtone is configured.
Any ideas?

I only used the HTC software for a couple of months in 2010, so having to take a guess here. But maybe have a look in the "Accessibility" options and see if any speech option has been turned on.

Edit: a quick forum search turned up this thread, which tells you how to enable (and hence disable) this on a different but similar age HTC phone. It is indeed in the accessibility settings.

Upvote 0
Tasker is a third party app - what is that doing in the system settings??
I assume that is where it was intended to be, I made no alterations to the installation
Talkback, text to speech, anything like that?
Nothing like that, I might add there is only one task configured, is not connected to ringtones, is is only to do with swtching on Bluetooth and WIFI when on the dock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones