• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S2 Jelly Bean says page numbers

Kasser

Feb 3, 2012
Hi all - have a very annoying issue with my S2 and Jelly Bean (Nordic, downloaded and updated with Odin).

When using touchwiz my phone says out aloud the page numbers e.g. scrolling through the screen will say 'page 1 of 7 etc etc'.

EDIT: Looks like it's NoLED causing this issue...

If not driving mode, check the accessibility options, it may have something ticked in their!

Yep it's related to accessibility (driving mode is off) but I froze talkbalk using titanium backup, but it's still happening - apparently it's a known bug in noled. Tempted to completely remove/uninstall talkback - I guess this is just for the visually impaired etc and not used by other apps? Not unsafe to do so?

Another headache is I don't have a CWM icon. I don't get how I can perform a nandroid backup etc.......how do I do this? There is no 'CWM' app, even though I used 'CWM-SuperSU-V0.97.zip' to root. Any help? And so sorry for the noobiness of my questions!! Previously using 'CF-Root' I always had a handy icon for CWM to perform back ups etc.

Upvote 0
Yep it's related to accessibility (driving mode is off) but I froze talkbalk using titanium backup, but it's still happening - apparently it's a known bug in noled. Tempted to completely remove/uninstall talkback - I guess this is just for the visually impaired etc and not used by other apps? Not unsafe to do so?

Another headache is I don't have a CWM icon. I don't get how I can perform a nandroid backup etc.......how do I do this? There is no 'CWM' app, even though I used 'CWM-SuperSU-V0.97.zip' to root. Any help? And so sorry for the noobiness of my questions!! Previously using 'CF-Root' I always had a handy icon for CWM to perform back ups etc.

You can still boot into recovery and perform a backup that way, if you prefer using the app then just flash an appropriate kernel that has CWM, SU etc

Reactions: Kasser
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi all - have a very annoying issue with my S2 and Jelly Bean (Nordic, downloaded and updated with Odin).

When using touchwiz my phone says out aloud the page numbers e.g. scrolling through the screen will say 'page 1 of 7 etc etc'.

EDIT: Looks like it's NoLED causing this issue...

In my case (Samsung Galaxy tab II) i had to scroll applications to the right as there was already mentioned, disabled all Google text to speech , Talkback etc., but no help.
As a last resort was to pick up needle from haystack and only thing that stopped this voice mess was to stop service "Samsung TTS" and the noise was gone. What a relief! I haven't yet noticed that stopping this service affects to any other sound like movies etc.

Last application that i remember installed was "File Commander - File Manager/Explorer" and at some point when changing the sound settings there was dialog "Finish this with... and this File Commander app was shown there as a alternative, i don't know why). But i'm not sure if this application caused this error behavior. With newer Samsung J5 phone no problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Worked with a Samsung S Relay 4G. Nothing on this forum worked. Tried driver mode, talkback, all voice to text disabled...still the "page 2, page 3."

As a last ditch effort, I went into the actual processes of the phone. Went to application manager and swiped all the way to the right.
Disabled S Voice, Google voice to text, and Samsung voice to text.
Even though I force stopped and disabled the apps, the processes were still running.
After disabling these processes and rebooting, IT WORKED.

Hope this helps someone else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones