• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Saving pictures sent in text messages?

This has been mentioned in various threads including one that I started myself. I have not seen a response yet as to how to do this. Currently the work around is to forward the message to your email account and download the picture onto the device. This may work for now but I would really like to be able to save them directly from the MMS.

Upvote 0
ok, so running Gingerbread on Samsung Galaxy SII.

The way I was able to save the image, was the press (and hold) the picture INSIDE the text message. Then a menu popped up, and one option is "Attached items".

This will not work if you already clicked on the image in the message (to get a full screen). You must do it from the the actual 'text message screen' and not the 'i already clicked on the image in the text message, and its in full-screen mode" screen. :)

Let me know if that works.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
I have had the same issue. I hold down the message bubble, not the photo itself. It checks and gives prompts. I choose download. I am running lollipop and this is not a samsung device. When I go to my apps there is an icon named file manager. I open this and find a picture folder. When i select each picture individually, I can then choose share (the funny v with circles at three points). My options then are mail, messaging, drive, photos etc. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones