• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SM-J327P Wifi wont turn on

After 2... and i mean TWO non stop days of flashing, downloading and installing various roms i still have yet to have this phone properly rooted. i have had installs work fine but they all have one thing in common. they all have no access to certain network options and wifi will not turn on. at first it didnt really bother me because i was just using my lg fortune to bluetooth the wifi signal so i could at least have a slow but sure connection. ive tried the patches and so on, im just not sure where to take it from here. anyone have any info on what route i should go ? If this phone wasnt the same color as my p5 case, this phone would have been out the window already.

I'm assuming you weren't trying to use any third-party ROMs as it's not the ROM that will root your phone, rooting is a process you have to perform first in order to install a custom ROM. Flashing Samsung stock ROMs don't require rooting though so the issue sounds like since you tried several different ROMs, that's an indicator of the problem. Stock ROMs are specific to the model and carrier, there is no mix-and-matching so if you were using other ROMs it's not surprising you encountered different hardware usage problems.
Please provide more details as to where you obtained the ROMs you were using, and were they indeed specific to your phone and carrier?

Upvote 0
Try going here:
https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?q=emerge+SM-J327P&exact=1
and instead of using a random, 'maybe this will work out?????' approach to flashing your phone, instead just pick the one ROM that matches the carrier that phone was made for. Different phone models have different internal hardware configurations, that's part of why ROMs are generally not interchangeable, the software and drivers that are integral to one ROM are not necessarily going to correspond with a different phone. Use the ROM for your phone.

Reactions: Hawkeye8891
Upvote 0
As you're already comfortable flashing ROMs it's not very tricky, you just need to use the correct ROM. Later if you wish to root your phone and also experiment with custom ROMs, that could be more involved. But always have a back-door plan in case you soft-brick your phone -- if a custom ROM messes things up you'll want a stock ROM handy to re-flash your phone back to stock and then start over.

Upvote 0
As you're already comfortable flashing ROMs it's not very tricky, you just need to use the correct ROM. Later if you wish to root your phone and also experiment with custom ROMs, that could be more involved. But always have a back-door plan in case you soft-brick your phone -- if a custom ROM messes things up you'll want a stock ROM handy to re-flash your phone back to stock and then start over.
im really surprised i hadn bricked it up yet knock on wood lol ya rooting it was my goal i had a custom rom on it but the wifi didnt work i was pretty bummed. i started out just wanting to unlock the uicc somehow that didnt get me anywhere

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones