• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Split screen here, settings menu gone

TIMtheELT

Lurker
Aug 24, 2016
On my S3 and my Note 3, the button to the left of home button was a menu button that accessed the settings menu in whatever app I was running.

I upgraded to a Note 4 when I changed carriers a couple of years ago and that button changed to the current cascade app button. I learned that if I did a long hold of that left side button, it would perform the old function of accessing the app menu.

I just upgrade from my old cracked Note 4 to the Note 7 and that left button changed function again.

So, the point.... Does anyone know how to access menus using the physical buttons on the phone? A long press now attempts to activate the split screen mode.

I have a couple of apps I use that do not have easy access to the menu so I would use physical button to access the menu. No more!

Any tips? Sorry for all the words.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones