• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Super Bowl LVIII

Upvote 0
How long before someone who has a gambling addiction sues one of these online sports books for contributing to the problem, much like people sue pharmaceutical companies for opioid addiction. Sounds far fected, but you never know. The constant ads for these sports books during sporting events is just complete overkill. I don't gamble and never plan to.

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
The big game is on CBS this year. They are broadcasting it on some channels in 4K. DircTV will have the 4K stream on channel 105. You will have to check your provider to see if and where they might have the 4K stream.
Naturally there is a catch to getting the game on DTV. My equipment needs to be upgraded which there is no charge. However, there is a new 2 year user agreement attached to the upgrade. NO
THANKS! Just changing out the equipment would cause my wife to lose all of her DVR content upsetting her beyond words. I'm working on an alternative... an inside over the air antenna. CBS is a fairly close signal and I should be able to receive it for a minimal investment.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
I have a 4K TV and can get 4K through Dish and the Super Bowl will be in 4K through Dish. I have watched other shows in 4K when it first became available. If I'm close to the TV I can see the difference, but I always sit far away from the TV and don't think I can really see a difference from far away.

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
I have a 4K TV and can get 4K through Dish and the Super Bowl will be in 4K through Dish. I have watched other shows in 4K when it first became available. If I'm close to the TV I can see the difference, but I always sit far away from the TV and don't think I can really see a difference from far away.
I don't know that I've seen any 4K content. Maybe something on Amazon... I'll have to look. It's not been a priority for me and isn't that big of a deal now. My B-I-L brought it to my attention or I wouldn't even be thinking about it. Now it's become a quest lol. Walmart and Target only have two options each in stock. Best buy has more options on the ready but requires a trip to the far North of the city. I don't like the local options. They are either too cheap or too expensive. I might just punt or order from Amazon.

• Haha
Upvote 0
I have a 55" in the living room that the wife watches. The room is far longer than wide and TV sits at the end of the room. It is the ideal size for the area. My office TV is an over kill. I rarely watch TV in the living room. The wife and I enjoy different programming and I seem to get a stiff neck watching at an angle in there.

Upvote 0
It would take far more than Taylor Swift having an interest in a NFL player for my wife to be influenced to watch a football game. She knows football and its rules for she never missed a game that my son played in from age 8 through college. The game simply isn't entertaining to her without that personal connection. I'm sure that the marketing agencies know their potential audience to invest millions to air female targeted ads. My wife will not be part of that audience.

Upvote 0
Any man on this thread that mentions Taylor Swift going forward will have their official "Man Card" pulled and be banned permanently from the site. Thank you for your cooperation.
Taylor swift, Taylor swift, Taylor swift.....i still feel manly. My card is still in my wallet:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Taylor Swift L GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
It's going to be a long day as I wait to see the big game unfold. I love watching the Super Bowl but it's hell when your team is playing. It's the same way when your team is playing in the World Series or the NCAA Championship game. They are just games and you are thrilled to have your team competing. You tell yourself win or lose you are going to enjoy the game and be proud of the season your team had. It's too bad it doesn't work that way. Your team has come a long ways to fall one game short of being the champs. I'll feel so much better when the game is over and I can celebrate or suck it up.

It's going to be a long day as I wait to see the big game unfold. I love watching the Super Bowl but it's hell when your team is playing. It's the same way when your team is playing in the World Series or the NCAA Championship game. They are just games and you are thrilled to have your team competing. You tell yourself win or lose you are going to enjoy the game and be proud of the season your team had. It's too bad it doesn't work that way. Your team has come a long ways to fall one game short of being the champs. I'll feel so much better when the game is over and I can celebrate or suck it up.
did you get any sleep? for me....big games like this, i am so nervous that i can never get any sleep.

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones