• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text detail on T-mobile bill

RobertAZ

Lurker
Oct 3, 2019
Will a T-mobile bill show where a text message was sent from? If so, does this reflect the location of the sending area code, or the location the person was actually in? So if my phone as a California area code, but I send a text while in Texas -- will the bill show it came from California or Texas?

Will a T-mobile bill show where a text message was sent from? If so, does this reflect the location of the sending area code, or the location the person was actually in? So if my phone as a California area code, but I send a text while in Texas -- will the bill show it came from California or Texas?
i have never seen a bill look like that. the only thing i ever see was my phone calls. i have seen that on sprint and now verizon. so i doubt you will something like that on t-mobile

Upvote 0
For the most part, Your phone number with area code will show on the bill as sender or receiver, regardless of where You are. As long as your ISP remains the same and/or use the same sim card. Now, other data configurations on your phone may or may not do what you are asking. For example if you use roaming, a 'mock location' setting or app, or if you reset your 'network operator', change apn and such.. Your bill will say, 'cellullar caller' , 'Tmobile user or tmo to tmo', it may also just say the devise's name. I've investigated this very issue on my own Tmobile bill earlier this year and those are my results. As to the specifics on how or why well, like I mentioned before, your phone settimgs as well as the device's settings of the party you are communicating with. Sorry, if my answer wasn't very straight foward. Hope it helps, though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones