• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

**The OFFICIAL Words of Wisdom Thread**

quote-never-regret-day-life-good-happiness-bad-experience-lessons-memories-jpg.454132

Upvote 0
NUMBER ONE RULE OF LEADERSHIP:
Take care of your people, and they will take care of you.
NUMBER TWO RULE OF LEADERSHIP:
Praise in public, reprimand in private.
NUMBER THREE RULE OF LEADERSHIP:
Train, delegate and trust your people. Don't micromanage.

YOU GET WHAT YOU INSPECT, NOT WHAT YOU EXPECT.

Upvote 0
I have a true story. In a serious conversation about my German immigrants and the religious persecution that prompted the trip to America. Their religion was called Palatine. Asked what that was I said it was very similar to Quaker, Mennonite and Amish, very peaceful and to themselves. They had another branch called The Dunkards. In that offshoot of their belief system, when performing baptisms, they dunked twice for good measure I suppose. I didn't get any feedback for about an hour. Unusual because I thought the post was very heartfelt and the reason for the post was another member protesting religious connotations in a history group. My point was religion was exactly what brought my ancestors to America. I looked in on the group and spell check made them Drunkards. Once I attached a gif of a woman dying from embarrassment you could hear the old women cackling like hens. One older member said well I do have to admit we all have a few in our ancestors too. Of my God. FYI Miss Agnost left the group the same day. . Score one for the drunks

Upvote 0
upload_2022-8-20_16-39-48.png

I heard you like words of wisdom, well get this "There is a billion stars in the galaxy we all surprise one another, by naming them throughout the entire galaxy, when we feel so small compare to what is out there, and yet we drama t.v. Why, well because sometimes we cannot see through our own egos to enjoy the rest of the t.v. programs, how about this, we go home and enjoy our family company vs. putting into more drama to the weight of the soul, compare to what upbringing to what the t.v. hypnotized us before we know it, that time we spend with our love ones is more precious then flickering t.v.?"

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
AMEN! I don't even watch TV. None of it. And I feel fine! I'm productive; working on my books; active in the community and loving life! Why stare at screens and be depressed all day over things I can't control, when I can just improve that little part of the world around me and be the best version of myself that I can?

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones