• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Time stamp on photos taken?

Found this post on a different forum.

Originally Posted by crevier I don't see a way to add the date/time stamp to photos as I take them (to have it display right on the photo). Can anyone recommend a different camera app that does this?

I did a little research on this and these apps were recommended for this:
I don't have any of these so I can't personally recommend one. But you can try them out and return it within 15 minutes of download per Google's return policy if you don't like it.

I have not used any of them. Good luck

Reactions: taghag
Upvote 0
I still do not see the option for seeing the timestamp on photos.

Here are the steps I am taking:
1. Click on My Gallery
2. Click on Camera Roll
3. Tap and hold a picture.
4. There are 11 options. Picture Info is the only thing I see that might be close to the word Details.

This is stupid that a time stamp is not on the photo as these things are called Smart Phones.

Upvote 0
Download ASTRO from the Google Play Store
http://tinyurl.com/73e5agv
Enter /sdcard-ext/dcim/Camera to see your pics
Screenshot_2012-08-19-08-49-58.png

Long press on one of the files to open the option menu
Screenshot_2012-08-19-08-50-12.png

Chose Details and see the time and date that the photo was taken
Screenshot_2012-08-19-08-50-33.png

Upvote 0
Some work I do requires a time and date stamp on the photo. Purely for that reason, as well as being able to save .8 and .3 megapixel size files, I have Vignette camera app on my MAXX. I had tried ProveIt/Stamp It, which just were not my cup of tea....if I have to take 50 pictures, I don't want to have to play with each afterward just to get a time/date stamp on them.

So for me, the solution was Vignette...free or paid version will get you the time/date stamp you want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones