• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turning on device security

Wendell72

Lurker
Oct 27, 2019
I am curious about my device being hacked with a idk, clone or spyware problem, and I'm not going to be paranoid but my partner has done it before.
When turning on my device I have noticed that after I enter my lock pin the phone goes on to unlock, but instead of gettin it unlocked it takes me to pin screen again? To re enter my pin? Literally just entered it? I am asked to do this on a pattern or anything that's not biometric.
HERE'S THE ONE THING...IF I START IT UP IN SAFE MODE...THIS DON'T HAPPEN!? I of course lose access to some apps but this isn't the norm...I never had to enter my pin have phone begin unlock and start up to be right back at pin code screen after just doing it? I am embarrassed but not to Savey at all this .I appreciate all feedback. Thanks.

I am curious about my device being hacked with a idk, clone or spyware problem, and I'm not going to be paranoid but my partner has done it before.
When turning on my device I have noticed that after I enter my lock pin the phone goes on to unlock, but instead of gettin it unlocked it takes me to pin screen again? To re enter my pin? Literally just entered it? I am asked to do this on a pattern or anything that's not biometric.
HERE'S THE ONE THING...IF I START IT UP IN SAFE MODE...THIS DON'T HAPPEN!? I of course lose access to some apps but this isn't the norm...I never had to enter my pin have phone begin unlock and start up to be right back at pin code screen after just doing it? I am embarrassed but not to Savey at all this .I appreciate all feedback. Thanks.
well if it does not do it in safe mode then you have a 3rd party app that is the cause. do you have a lockscreen app installed? or a custom launcher perhaps?

Upvote 0
I just have my devices Secure start up active, I am unaware if I have custom launcher, and it gies to start up then IRS like a glitch tight back to enter pin screen? Most extremely IMPORTANT is it goes through the pink tmobile screen and the jingle then ...glitch happens, I am unsure, but can it be so manipulative key for key observation can take place as promised in certain top level spy apps.? I guess privacy has been a major part of the past anyways and I got nothing to hide , we need a list of what they attach themselves to in a phones system apps to stay under the radar of detection . Deleting them is optimal but finding it is a bit of a problem with out resetting your phone with all your stuff :( ...
Thanks for your time and response. I have no idea really why this occurs but spyware in past kinds sways my mind.

Upvote 0
I just have my devices Secure start up active, I am unaware if I have custom launcher, and it gies to start up then IRS like a glitch tight back to enter pin screen? Most extremely IMPORTANT is it goes through the pink tmobile screen and the jingle then ...glitch happens, I am unsure, but can it be so manipulative key for key observation can take place as promised in certain top level spy apps.? I guess privacy has been a major part of the past anyways and I got nothing to hide , we need a list of what they attach themselves to in a phones system apps to stay under the radar of detection . Deleting them is optimal but finding it is a bit of a problem with out resetting your phone with all your stuff :( ...
Thanks for your time and response. I have no idea really why this occurs but spyware in past kinds sways my mind.
i'm sorry, but your post is a bit kind of hard to follow. there is definitely a 3rd party app installed that is the cause of this or it would have still happened in safe mode.

so two things you can do:
1.keep uninstalling apps until it stops

or

2.factory reset the device

if you still are feeling uncomfortable then i would also change all of your acct information, mainly your passwords.

Upvote 0
i'm sorry, but your post is a bit kind of hard to follow. there is definitely a 3rd party app installed that is the cause of this or it would have still happened in safe mode.

so two things you can do:
1.keep uninstalling apps until it stops

or

2.factory reset the device

if you still are feeling uncomfortable then i would also change all of your acct information, mainly your passwords.

Upvote 0
Omg that was not what I was texting as reply I apologize! I texted nothing about bleeding out? I will continue to weed out my 3rd party apps & had a quick question...do things attach themselves to system apps? So its undetected? Leaching? Idk ,I'm deleting my 3rd party apps while that's got me busy still have a Happy Halloween.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones