• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TV Shows?

Have you watched Curse Of Oak Island?
I followed the show for a couple of seasons. I still catch a show once in a great while. My interest waned each episode. There is something there no doubt. I doubt that I live long enough for them to find it and wrap up the show. I like those kind of mystery shows but I'm not patient enough to see them through.

Upvote 0
I followed the show for a couple of seasons. I still catch a show once in a great while. My interest waned each episode. There is something there no doubt. I doubt that I live long enough for them to find it and wrap up the show. I like those kind of mystery shows but I'm not patient enough to see them through.

Have they ever found anything of worth something on that Island yet, i mean I've never watched it all the way through but it just seems like they're digging up a Island for nothing ?

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Have they ever found anything of worth something on that Island yet, i mean I've never watched it all the way through but it just seems like they're digging up a Island for nothing ?

They have tested water and wood down around 90 ft and found a tunnel along with gold and some silver showing up in the water and the wood from the tunnel.

I find it fun to watch.

Upvote 0
I've been fascinated with Oak Island since I first read about it in my "weekly reader" in grade school in the 50's. It remains a mystery and the show does the subject justice. It's entertaining enough and I like the Lagina brothers. I quit following the series because the continued search got old. I watched the Mystery At Blind Frog Ranch and The American Runestone for a while but gave up on them for the same reason. I'm impatient. I watch Expedition Unknown now and then when struggling to find something entertaining to watch. Josh never solves anything but he only takes an hour to disappoint me and the next show he's not finding something different.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Personally I wish History would go back to...well....history. Not aliens and conspiracies about Hitler and irrelevant reality TV that has nothing to do with actual history. The sub-channel History2, which used to be called History International used to exist to compensate but also turned into another Hick Channel.

Bring back stuff like Modern Marvels and the actual history documentaries. Also, does anyone remembe when TLC used to stand for The Learning Channel? It hasn't been about learning in decades.

Animal Planet? the channel for animal lovers? No longer. Now they put hunting shows and this ridiculous show called "Hillbilly Handfishin'." What happened to Emergency Vets and Animal Cops?

Upvote 0
I could also recommend name changes for all the Discovery networks, including History, Animal Planet, TLC and any I can't name off-hand.

MTV needs a rename too, as it hasn't been about Music Television in decades.

A&E, formerly Arts & Entertainment Network, stopped being about either when they put that show 24 on.

I've been calling 'History' the 'Hick channel' more often because that's been exactly what it's about, including promotions of animal abuse aka Duck Dynasty, Swamp People and River Monsters. The latter two only worsening the already undeserved reputation of crocodiles and alligators. Even "Shark Week" has been more about promoting shark MYTHS than actual shark facts.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
If you want something equally as gross, that show 'Hillbilly Handfishin' is awful. Literally what it entails are a few morons putting something catfish like to eat all over their arms (and various other bits) and sticking them into the water until the fish actually swallow them and pull them out of the water. It's also called 'noodling' (don't ask why, it would likely result in a ban) and kinda mixes vore fantasies with fishing. It's disgusting and just more animal abuse. Kinda does give you a look into the perverted subculture of rednecks though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones